Curious George Party Ideas
Join Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat for a fabulous Curious George party your little monkeys will love! Our Curious George party ideas guide includes tips for Curious George invitations, Curious George decorations, Curious George games, Curious George inspired food and Curious George favor ideas.
Curious George Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Curious George party supplies you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Curious George party:
- Stuffed monkeys, stuffed bananas, and Curious George toys
- Monkey masks or monkey costumes
- Yellow hats or safari hats
- Curious George books or DVDs
- Take a photo of your child on a swing or in a tree. Use the picture as the front of your invite and write your Curious George party information on the back.
- Create monkey tails with long strips of brown felt threaded with elastic string. Include the tails with the invitations for your guests to wear at the party.
- Cut yellow construction paper into the shape of a banana and write "we're going bananas" on the front. Or use yellow construction paper to cut out the shape of a yellow hat just like the one worn by the Man in the Yellow Hat.
Curious George Party Decorating & Food
- Create a whimsical jungle using homemade trees. Cut construction paper into leaf shapes. Then paint paper towel rolls brown and tape the paper leaves to the tube. Stack the trees as high as you'd like using tape to hold the tubes together.
- Place bunches of bananas and oranges (real or plastic) on the party table.
- Hang green streamers from the ceiling to look like vines. You can twist two together or let the streamers naturally hang. You can also hang "vine" streamers around the border of the party table and in door frames.
- Arrange inflatable palm trees around the room along with stuffed monkeys.
- Slice coconuts in half and use the shells as cups. Then prepare chocolate banana smoothies to serve to your guests. In a blender, combine 1 banana, 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, 1 cup milk and 1 cup crushed ice. Blend until smooth and serve!
- Arrange a colorful fruit and veggie tray for your guests to enjoy. Monkeys love oranges and bananas, so be sure to include orange and banana slices for your little monkeys!
- Prepare monkey bread!
Curious George Party Favors
Send your little monkeys home with adorable monkey favors! Go to our store and click on the Party Favors tab to see our Curious George favors. Here are some suggestions that will drive your guests bananas!
- Monkey lollipops
- Monkey stickers and animal stamps
- Silly straws
- Banana chips, fruit snacks and trail mix
- Curious George favors, like bubbles, stickers and masks
- Small plush monkeys