Curious George Party
Join Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat for a fabulous Curious George party your little monkeys will love! Our Curious George party ideas guide includes tips for Curious George invitations, Curious George decorations, Curious George games, Curious George inspired food and Curious George favor ideas. Shop our Curious George Party Supplies. Browse our Curious George Party Guide: Curious George Invitations Curious George Decorations Curious George Food Curious George Party Favors Curious George Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For a Curious George Party? In addition to basic Curious George party supplies you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Curious George party:
- Stuffed monkeys, stuffed bananas, and Curious George toys
- Monkey masks or monkey costumes
- Yellow hats or safari hats
- Curious George books or DVDs
- Browse our First Birthday Party Ideas Guide for some basic tips on planning a Curious George party for babies.
- Invite your Curious George party guests with our Curious George 1st Birthday Invitations.
- Bake or buy a small Curious George cake or cupcake just for the birthday child to smash into! Decorate with a 1st birthday candle and provide a separate cake for your adult Curious George party guests.
- Decorate with Curious George First Birthday supplies.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Curious George favor such as a bag tag or zipper pull.
- Take a photo of your child on a swing or in a tree. Use the picture as the front of your invite and write your Curious George party information on the back.
- Take a photo of you and your child making a funny face. Write "Monkey see. Monkey Do!" on the front of the card with the photo. Include the party information on the inside.
- Create monkey tails with long strips of brown felt threaded with elastic string. Include the tails with the invitations for your guests to wear at the party.
- Cut yellow construction paper into the shape of a banana and write "we're going bananas" on the front. Or use yellow construction paper to cut out the shape of a yellow hat just like the one worn by the Man in the Yellow Hat.
- Use creative writing in your Curious George Invitations:
Curious George is coming to town. So come over to party and monkey around! Join [child's name], George, and the Man in the Hat. For monkey games, food and party hats!
Curious George Party Decoration Ideas
- Create a whimsical jungle using homemade trees. Cut construction paper into leaf shapes. Then paint paper towel rolls brown and tape the paper leaves to the tube. Stack the trees as high as you'd like using tape to hold the tubes together.
- Place bunches of bananas and oranges (real or plastic) on the party table.
- Hang green streamers from the ceiling to look like vines. You can twist two together or let the streamers naturally hang. You can also hang "vine" streamers around the border of the party table and in door frames.
- Arrange inflatable palm trees around the room along with stuffed monkeys.
- Decorate your walls with monkey wall decorations, Curious George banners and large construction paper bananas.
- Slice coconuts in half and use the shells as cups. Then prepare chocolate banana smoothies to serve to your guests. In a blender, combine 1 banana, 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, 1 cup milk and 1 cup crushed ice. Blend until smooth and serve!
- Arrange a colorful fruit and veggie tray for your guests to enjoy. Monkeys love oranges and bananas, so be sure to include orange and banana slices for your little monkeys!
- Prepare monkey bread using our easy to follow recipe.
- Create monkey cupcakes by frosting a cupcake with chocolate icing. Then add 2 M&M green candies for eyes, 2 chocolate chips for nostrils, 1 banana shaped candy (like Runts) for the mouth and 2 mini Oreo cookies for the ears!
Party Favor IdeasCurious George Party Favors Send your little monkeys home with adorable monkey favors! Go to our Curious George Party Page and click on the Party Favors tab to see our Curious George favors. Here are some suggestions that will drive your guests bananas!
- Monkey party lollipops
- Monkey stickers and animal stamps
- Silly straws
- Banana chips, fruit snacks and trail mix
- Curious George favors like bubbles, stickers and masks
- Small plush monkeys
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts!!
- Curious George Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Curious George Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.