Cupcakes are a party must-have but choosing the perfect recipe can be overwhelming. That's why we spent time tracking down the yummiest cupcake recipes that have impressed our families and friends for years. Once you choose the perfect cupcake recipe, it's time to decorate. You don't need to have a culinary degree to make adorable birthday cupcakes; you only need a little creativity. Read on to discover how simple baking and decorating the perfect party cupcakes can be! For more dessert ideas check out our Birthday Cake Ideas and Recipes.
Cupcake RecipesSatisfy your sweet tooth with our gourmet cupcake recipes that are sure to be crowd-pleaser.
- Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe: These cupcakes are perfect for any occasion or just a rainy day treat.
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake Recipe: This popular recipe will have your guests begging for seconds.
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Recipe: Learn how to bake cupcakes inside ice cream cones.
- Cookie Dough Cupcakes: What could be better than a cupcake that's filled with a cookie?
- Buttercream Frosting Recipe: Our creamy Buttercream Frosting Recipe can be tinted any color to fit with your cupcake theme.
Cupcake IdeasSmaller children mean smaller bites which is why cupcakes are a popular party must-have. Below are some cupcake decorating ideas that are easy to make and super cute! LEGO Cupcakes
- Bake a yellow cake in a rectangular pan.
- Slice the baked cake into rectangles and then arrange on a large serving platter.
- Make red, blue and yellow frosting in separate bowls by tinting white frosting with 2-3 drops of food coloring.
- Frost the rectangular cupcakes in the three different colors of frosting. You will have some that are red, some that are blue and some that are yellow.
- Create the LEGO studs on the cupcakes with marshmallows. To do this, align mini marshmallows in 2 rows of 3. If you'd like, you can use marshmallows that are already colored or dye them with food coloring.
- Use any flavor cupcake with white frosting.
- Decorate the top to look like a clown face using a red gumball for the nose, two pieces of star-shaped cereal for the eyes, a snip of red licorice string for a mouth, and a few puffs of cotton candy as the hair.
- If you like, add an ice cream cone upside down to become the clown hat.
- For a fun and easy magic party treat, make wizard hat cupcakes instead of cake!
- Frost each cupcake with white icing, and then roll just the outer edges in black sugar.
- Set a chocolate ice cream cone upside down on top of each cupcake. (Oreo brand cones are perfect!)
- With a tube of yellow decorator frosting, pipe a lightning bolt or a few star shapes onto each cone, and then you're done!
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or yellow cake recipe to make the cupcake batter.
- Make the frosting using our Buttercream frosting recipe (see above).
- Divide the frosting into separate bowls and add a different color of food coloring to each bowl. Use whatever colors match the animals you plan to make.
- Frost the cupcakes and decorate using icing, sprinkles, candy and other shaped treats. For example, we suggest using small Nilla Wafers to make mouse or bear ears and chocolate chips to make eyes!
- Bake cupcakes in paper baking cups.
- Arrange the baked, unfrosted cupcakes in the shape of your choosing on a sheet of white cardboard.
- Make sure the cupcakes are close together and frost over them with a thick layer of icing. You can dye the icing a color with food coloring if needed.
- Add candy, piped decorations and candles to decorate your cupcake cake.
- No knife is needed to serve your cupcake cake. Just pull out a cupcake and enjoy!