Whip up a batch of fun at your child's cupcake themed party! Cupcakes are a great inspiration for your party's decorations, favors and games. Read on for our ideas including cupcake cake patterns, gourmet cupcake recipes and more delicious ideas! Shop all our Cupcake Party Supplies Browse this guide: Invitations Decorations Gourmet Cupcake Recipes Cupcake Cake Ideas Party Favors Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Cupcake Party:
- Cupcake Tiers
- Cupcake decorations such as sprinkles, confetti, jelly beans and chocolate candies
- Muffin pans
- Child-sized chef aprons
- Mixing bowls
- Piping tubes
- Decorative baking cups
- Cupcake picks
- A cupcake shaped pinata
- If you are hand-delivering your invites, give each guest a real cupcake that has a small invitation on top. Make your own cake picks by taping a small business card-sized invitation to a toothpick and insert one into each cupcake. Your guests can eat their cupcake and save the party details for later.
- Include your favorite cupcake recipe with your invitation. Ask your guests to bring copies of their favorite cupcake recipe to the party so everyone can swap recipe cards.
- Cut out the shape of a large cupcake and cover the top with glitter. At the bottom of the invitation, write the following poem about your party.
Renee's having a birthday; it's gonna be sweet, We'll bake lots of cupcakes for our friends to eat. Sprinkles and candy, and frosting by the ton, We hope you can help us whip up some fun!
- If you don't have time to create your own invitations, we offer personalized cupcake party invitations that can be customized with your child's name and the party details.
Cupcake Party Decoration Ideas Don't just decorate the cupcakes; make your entire party look delicious with the following cupcake party decorating tips.
- Sprinkle candy confetti around the party table. This will create a festive table decoration your guests can eat.
- Create garlands out of colorful baking cups by punching a hole in the center of each cup and then threading string through each one. You may have to knot the string on each side of a baking cup so that they stay in place.
- For balloons, bundle together a bunch of white balloons along with a few solid color balloons (red, orange, yellow, green and blue). This will mimic a white frosted cupcake with rainbow sprinkles. You can also coordinate the color of your balloons and streamers with the color of your baking cups.
- Set up a cupcake decorating station where party guests can add their own frosting and toppings to plain cupcakes.
- Place your cupcakes on a cupcake tier to use at the table centerpiece.
- Decorate the top of your cupcakes with gummy candy animals and rainbow sprinkles.
- Place a small, clean plastic toy on top of each cupcake. Some examples are plastic rings, tiny action figures, whistles or toy cars.
- Use cake picks to accent the top of each cupcake.
- If you have a talent for sculpting, create fondant and mold into shapes, animals or designs for the top of your cupcakes.
- Use small candy such as M&Ms, jelly beans and sprinkles to make faces or animal designs on each cupcake.
- Insert a small candy bar or cookie in the top of each cupcake.
- Red Velvet Cupcakes: This recipe includes directions on how to make white butter cream frosting. We suggest piling the frosting on high!
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes: These pretty cupcakes are perfect for guests who prefer a little fruit with their cake!
- Heavenly Chocolate Cupcakes: Use our chocolate cake and chocolate frosting recipe to send your guests to chocolate heaven!
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes: Bake cupcakes inside an ice cream cone!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes: Why choose between cookies and cake when you can savor both at the same time?
- Bake cupcakes in paper baking cups.
- Arrange the baked, unfrosted cupcakes in the shape of your choosing on a sheet of white cardboard.
- Make sure the cupcakes are close together and frost over them with a thick layer of icing. You can dye the icing a color with food coloring if needed.
- Add candy, piped decorations and candles to decorate your cupcake cake.
- No knife is needed to serve your cupcake cake. Just pull out a cupcake and enjoy!
Party Favor IdeasCupcake Party Favor Ideas Send your party guests home on a sweet note with cupcake party favors. Here are some of our favorite favor ideas for this party theme.
- Cupcake stickers
- Cupcake pens and a note pad
- Cupcake gloss
- Your favorite cupcake recipe printed nicely on a recipe card
- Cupcake scented lotion
- Silicone cupcake baking cups
- A small baking kit or chef's apron
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Cupcake Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Cupcake Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.