Tin Treasure Box
What You'll Need:
- Empty metal Altoid® or other mint tins
- Small plastic jewels or toys
- Decorative contact paper
- Safety scissors
At the Party:
- Clean out the inside of the tins and make sure they are dry. You should have one tin for every guest.
- Place a variety of small 1-inch toys and fake jewels in several bowls. Other items guests could use to decorate include: plastic and small candy, sequins, pom poms, etc..
- Give each child a sheet or section of contact paper.
- Instruct the children to trace the top of their box on to the back of the contact paper.
- Cut out the traced shape. Peel and stick the contact paper to the front of the box.
- The children can now glue decorations on to the lid of their box.
- Extra decorations can be placed inside the box for safekeeping. As a rule, you can allow each child to use a certain number of decorations so that everyone gets the same amount.
Top of Page