What You'll Need:
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Garlic Press (to make hair)
- Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter
- Rolling Pin
- Assorted Edible Cookie Decorations (silver BB's, red hots, sprinkles, etc.)
- Colored Egg wash Paint (egg wash and food coloring) and Brushes
At the Party:
- Make or buy sugar cookie dough and chill.
- Once chilled, roll the dough out and cut gingerbread man or doll shapes using a cookie cutter.
- Move the cookies to greased cookie sheets. There should be at least one cookie per child.
- Putting only 3 cookies on a sheet will ensure that children have enough room to work.
- Wrap cookie sheets with plastic wrap to keep the dough from drying out, and re-chill until ready to decorate.
- Set out decorations and egg wash paint with brushes on the work area.
- Divide children into groups of 3 (if you put 3 cookies on each cookie sheet).
- Give each group a pan of cookies to decorate.
- They can make hair by putting dough through a garlic press.
- They can brush on colors with the egg wash.
- When finished, bake according to directions and let children take home cooled cookies.
Top of Page