Cinderella Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Of all the Disney princesses, does your little girl like Cinderella the best? Then throw her a party with our Cinderella Party Ideas, complete with suggestions for invitations, decorations, and more that will make her feel like the belle of the ball, just like Cinderella!
Cinderella Party Planning & Invitations
Basic party supplies, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery, as well as a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons are vital. You can stick with the basics, or add other items to fit your theme. For example, for a Cinderella Party, you may also want to consider purchasing the following:
- The Disney classic, Cinderella (1950, Rated G)
- Ball Gowns and Tiaras for Dress-up
- Faux Glass Slippers
- Fold cardstock in half to create a top-fold card and place a sticker or cut-out of a horse and carriage on the bottom. Write "Princess [child's name] Invites You..." above it and all the party details inside.
- Cut the shape of a glass slipper out of silver cardstock. Write the party details on the back. When the guests arrive at the party, tell them that Cinderella found her slipper and hand them a glass slipper filled with candy!
- Cut the shape of a castle out of pink cardstock and add glitter around the turrets and doorways. Add stickers of blue birds flying around the castle, mice scurrying on the ground, and other animals that help Cinderella in the story. Write your party details on the back.
Cinderella Party Decorating & Food
You can make your child's Cinderella birthday party really come to life through your decorations!
- Use pastel colors for your traditional party decorations such as streamers and balloons. Make groups of three to five balloons to place around the party area.
- Sprinkle glitter or star confetti on windowsills and tabletops, then set out tiaras and faux or candy jewels.
- Cut a castle out of a large sheet of light blue or pink butcher
paper. Decorate it with glitter glue, ribbon, lace, and stickers, and
tack it to one wall of the party area.
- Hang cut-outs of blue birds from the ceiling to represent the birds who helped Cinderella with her dress.
- Print out Cinderella movie stills, frame them, and either hang them on the walls of the party area or set them up on the tables.
- Call your local video store or movie theater and see if they have any old Cinderella posters you could have or purchase.
Carry your party theme all the way through to the food! For a Cinderella Party, consider the following ideas:
- Make an appetizer in the shape of Cinderella's horse and carriage! Hollow out a loaf of bread and fill it with your favorite dip. Place two cucumber slices on each side for the carriage wheels. Set up two or more plastic toy horses in front of the "carriage" and connect them with red licorice string.
- Make homemade pretzels in the shape of stars. Sprinkle them with strawberry syrup or cinnamon and sugar after baking.
- Make edible Fairy Godmother Wands! Use a cookie cutter to cut star or heart shapes out of sugar cookies and rice cereal treats. Before the goodies cool and harden, insert a long pretzel rod into one end. Bibbity, bobbity, boo - they're done!
- Individual cupcakes can sometimes be more manageable than a full cake. For Cinderella cupcakes, frost them in pink or blue frosting and top them with a glass slipper. Colored sugar adds the final touch.
Cinderella Party Favors
Send all the little princesses home with party favors that fit your theme. Give one large favor, such as a glamorous piece of jewelry, or combine smaller favors such as a lip gloss, bubbles, stickers, costume jewelry, and candy in a nice favor bag. To save time, you may want to consider our complete Cinderella favor set, which includes a matching favor bag. Or, consider our popular personalized favors. Choose from bag tags, zipper pulls, magnets, and more, all personalized with your guests' names or a personal message from you!