Christmas Party Ideas
Sleigh bells are ringing and snowflakes are falling. Now it's time for you to gather up your friends and family and celebrate! Get into the spirit of the season and start planning your holiday party with our Christmas party ideas! Whether you're looking for kids' Christmas party invitations, Christmas party decorations, party activities and kids' Christmas party games, or holiday crafts for kids, our guide will give you great kids' Christmas party ideas to make your celebration one to remember. Shop our Party Themes to get holiday tableware, decorations and more for your Christmas Party.
Christmas Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic holiday party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and other table decorations, you may want to consider purchasing or borrowing the following items for your Christmas party:
- Mylar balloons and/or red, green and white latex balloons
- Supplies for making sugar cookies or gingerbread men
- A Christmas tree and ornaments
- Christmas movies such as Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Santa Claus Movie, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Nightmare Before Christmas, A Christmas Story and Miracle on 34th Street
- Christmas music
- A pinata
Christmas Party Invitations
- Keep things simple with our personalized invitations! Just enter your party details, preview your Christmas party invitations online, place your order, and we'll send the invites to you with envelopes.
- If you'd rather make your own kids' Christmas party invitations, try this tree-shaped invite idea: Fold a piece of green construction paper in half, and cut out the shape of a basic Christmas tree. Be sure to leave a section uncut on the left side to act as the card's hinge. Decorate the front with stickers in the shapes of ornaments and candy canes. Draw thin, squiggly lines of glue from one side of the tree to the other and sprinkle with glitter to resemble garlands. Write the party details inside the card. Make one for each person you're inviting to attend your Christmas party.
- Purchase solid-colored ornaments, and write the party details in a circle around the outside of each one using a permanent marker or a glitter glue pen. Package these in boxes with bubble wrap or tissue paper, and then mail to your guests.
- Attach card-style invitations to candy canes and mail in padded envelopes. Our personalized invitations are perfect for this! Just use a hole punch to put a hole in one corner of each card, thread a piece of coordinating curling ribbon through the hole, and tie it to a candy cane.
- Include in the invitations if you would like guests to dress "festively"i.e. in red and green. You could also throw a silly holiday sweater party and ask guests to wear their silliest Christmas sweaters.
- Looking for Christmas party wording for invitations? Play off famous Christmas poems and movie lines to create festive invitations. For instance:T'was the week before Christmas and all through the townThey heard Zak was throwing a party and wanted you to come down! So gather your cheer and climb in your sleigh; Come to Zak's house and party the night away!
Christmas Party Decorating Ideas
A festive party atmosphere can really get you in the Christmas spirit! You can find some great Christmas party decoration ideas below:
- Purchase an assortment of kids' Christmas party decorations like Christmas balloons, a personalized holiday party banner, Christmas centerpieces, and other Christmas party decor.
- Place a small tree in the party area or by the food table, and decorate it with candy canes, ornaments or even Christmas cookie cutters hung on the branches.
- Give each child a jingle bell necklace or bracelet as they arrive, and color the end of each guest's nose with red washable marker to resemble Rudolph. You may also want to use a clown nose to mimic Rudolph's nose.
- Drape garlands and Christmas lights from the ceiling, or use traditional crepe paper streamers in red, green and white.
- Wrap empty boxes with colorful wrapping paper and set them on shelves around the party area. Place a few on the food table around bowls of goodies.
- Hang candy canes over the chandeliers or light shades in the party area.
- Combine red, green, white and gold balloons into staggered clusters anchored with balloon weights, and place the clusters around the party area. You can use weighted boxes covered in wrapping paper or favor bags filled with Christmas candy as balloon weights.
Traditional Christmas party goodies like cookies and non-alcoholic eggnog are always crowd-pleasers, but if you're looking for some creative treats for your Christmas party, check out the ideas below.
- Snowman Sticks - For a healthy holiday snack, slice bananas into 1 inch sections. Place three slices on wooden skewers or a thin pretzel stick with the flat side of the banana parallel to the skewer. Decorate the banana slices with raisins for eyes and buttons, small pretzel sticks for arms, and apple slices for hats. (Skewers not suggested for young children.)
- Create "Rudolph Reindeer" sandwiches. Start with any type of sandwich and cut it diagonally to create two triangles. These become the reindeer "faces." Add two raisins for the eyes and five or six raisins for the mouth. Slide broken pretzel bits between the slices of bread for the horns, and half a cherry or cherry tomato for the nose!
- Serve rice cereal treats cut in the shape of Santa or a Christmas tree, and sprinkle the tops with red and green sugar.
- Make a Christmas veggie tray by alternating strips of green and red veggies on a platter. Try tomatoes, red pepper strips, radishes, celery, green pepper strips, and broccoli. Use the same color scheme for other snack trays (like chips, salsa and guacamole).
- Mix red and green M&Ms with rice Chex mix. You can also melt white chocolate morsels onto pretzel squares by zapping them in the microwave for a few seconds, then take them out of the microwave and press red and green M&Ms into the chocolate before it cools.
- Gingerbread Cookies - No holiday season is complete without gingerbread cookies!
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - Impress your guests with these small but mighty red velvet cupcakes. Garnish with white frosting and peppermint pieces for a Christmas feel!
- Chocolate Chip Cookies - Bake these chocolate chip cookies to impress your guests and your friends!
Christmas Party Favors
Christmas is a time for giving, so show your guests the spirit of the season with these Christmas favor ideas!
- Check out our selection of Christmas party favors, including Christmas favor sets, personalized holiday favors, and individual Christmas favor items.
- Handmade Ornaments - Have kids make their own ornaments using craft sticks, glitter glue, construction paper or colored poster board, markers, and other decorations. Glue or staple a loop of string to each ornament so they can be hung on the kids' Christmas trees when they go home. You can also use our Color Your Own Christmas Ornaments for a simple kids' Christmas party activity.
- Prepare a mini stocking stuffed with small toys or candy for each guest. You can hang these up as decorations during your Christmas party, and then send each guest home with one at the end of the event.
- Let guests make their own fun candy cane crafts to take home and hang on their Christmas trees with our Candy Cane Ornaments kids' Christmas party craft.