At the Party:
- Locate several rooms in your house or party location that would allow sufficient room to practice a cheerleading routine.
- On the front of the doors to those rooms, tape a sign that says 'Practice Gym #1 (or 2, etc.)"
- Write out several 'cheers" on pieces of paper, such as 'We can do it, yes we can! If we can't do it no one can!" or '1-2-3-4, we are winning, look at the score!"
- Give each child (or pair of children) a slip of paper with their cheer on it.
- Send them to their designated 'Practice Gym" and give them 10 minutes to come up with moves that go with their cheer.
- After 10 minutes is up, call them all out to the party area and have each child or team perform their cheer.
- Either have everyone vote on the best cheer and give that child or team a prize, or make everyone winners by passing out candy as prizes after all routines are complete.
Top of Page