Cars & Trucks Party
Fire up your engines - and your child's birthday party - with our Car & Truck Party Ideas! We have suggestions for everything from invitations to party favors that is sure to keep your party trucking along until the very end.
Cars and Trucks Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic cars and trucks party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Cars and Trucks party:
- Remote control cars and trucks
- A car-related movie such as Transformers: The Animated Series, Disney's Cars, or Herbie: The Love Bug
- Go karts
- Car toys
- A racing video game such as Mario Kart, Need for Speed, Burn Out or Gran Turismo
- Matchbox cars and race tracks
- A pinata
Creative invitations build excitement and can increase attendance at your child's party. If you have the time to make your own, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fold a piece of yellow construction paper in half, and cut out a dump truck or car shape. Write "Caution! [child's name] is Turning [age]!" on the front. Cut black construction-paper circles for the wheels, and attach them to the card with brass fasteners so they spin. Then, add all of the party details inside.
- Design your invitations to look like license plates, using your home state as the state and your child's name as the license plate 'number'. Write your party details on the back, or make it into a top-fold card and write your party details inside.
- Cut a circle out of black cardstock and design it to look like an odometer. In white gel pen, draw tic-marks around the outside with numbers representing the miles per hour. Write your party details in the middle.
Cars and Trucks Decorating & Food Ideas
- Set out a toy race track and matchbook cars on one of the tables in the party area.
- Hang a banner on your front door that says "Get Revved Up For [child's name]'s Birthday Party!". See our Personalized Car Banners for inspiration!
- Use sidewalk chalk to draw a road on your driveway. Allow your guests to draw cars, trucks, trees, and signs on the road during the party.
- Check with your local public works department to see if they will
loan you street barriers, a "Road Closed" sign, a "Detour" sign, or
orange traffic cones that you can set out during the party.
- Create a large car or truck from an empty appliance box. Use an
X-Acto knife to cut out a few windows, and paint the box in your child's
favorite color. Cut out four equally-sized circles from a sheet of
cardboard, spray paint them black, and glue them onto the sides of the
box to create wheels.
- Place a plain, white, disposable tablecloth on the floor of the party area or across a table. Use black markers to draw roads going in different directions across the tablecloth. Add stop signs, yield signs, traffic lights, etc., using bright-coloring markers. Set a number of toy cars and trucks on the road and allow your guests to play with them during the party.
Get creative with your party food by serving theme-specific treats. For a Car & Truck Party, consider the following ideas:
- Use car- and truck-shaped cookie cutters to cut out cookies, sandwiches, and cheese slices.
- Serve chips, cookies, trail mix, and other snacks in the back of clean toy dump trucks.
- Make cars out of fruit by cutting different melons into rectangular strips for the body of each car, and then using a melon baller to make wheels. Attach the wheels to the cars with toothpicks, crossing them to look like wheel axles.
- Use a round cookie cutter or the top of a glass to cut out green, yellow, and red 'Traffic Light' Jell-O Jigglers.
- Frost graham crackers or other rectangular cookies in white frosting. Add red, yellow, and green gummy candies to the top to make additional 'traffic light' snacks.
- Serve a pasta salad made from rotelle pasta, which resemble wheels.
- Spread cream cheese tinted green with food coloring on saltine crackers. Write the name of different states on top in white decorator icing to resemble highway signs.
Cars and Trucks Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with action packed party favors! To find a large variety of Car-related party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Pull-back cars
- Balloon racers
- Cards shaped like cards
- Racing flags
- Racing helmets
- Car craft activities
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops