Camp Rock Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Invite Demi Lovato, the Jonas Brothers, and the rest of the Camp Rock crowd to your next party! Our Camp Rock Party Ideas offers suggestions for everything from invitations to activities that will make your child's birthday a true Camp Rock celebration!
Planning & InvitationsSecuring a location for your Camp Rock Party is one of the first things you will need to do. Hosting a party at home is a great option, as you have a little more freedom with your decorating and food choices. However, many parents prefer to host the party elsewhere. For a Camp Rock theme, you may want to consider an outdoor community stage, campground, or rock n' roll museum.
What Do I Need For the Party?
- Karaoke Machine
- Inflatable Guitars
- Glow Sticks
- Camp Rock Soundtrack or CDs by The Jonas Brothers or Demi Lovato
- Disposable Cameras
Camp Rock Party Invitations
- Cut the shape of a guitar out of card stock. Write "Rock the House at [child's name]'s Camp Rock Party!" on the front and all the party details on the back.
- Design each invitation to look like a CD. Use empty CD cases to hold your invitations, cutting each one to size and inserting it into a case.
- Print out a photo of the Camp Rock cast and have it blown up to the size of a concert poster. Write your party details where the concert information would normally be. Roll up each invitation and wrap a rubber band around it before sending.
- If you want to focus more on the 'camp' part of Camp Rock rather than the 'rock' part, cut the shape of a rustic lodge out of brown cardstock and add die-cut evergreen trees to the edges. Or, design your invitation to resemble a giant bonfire!
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as: Calling all Campers: It's Time to Party! Join [child's name] and The Jonas Brothers for a Camp Rock Birthday Bash We will set up camp at [arrival time] The last song will be performed at [pick-up time] RSVP to the Camp Director at [RSVP info]
If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Rock Star or personalized camp invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself. Whichever invitation option you choose, seal your envelopes with Rock Star Stickers to add a final festive touch!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Camp Rock Party Decorations
- Set up a small tent in the party area and lay several sleeping bags out on the floor.
- Hang a banner on your front door that says "Welcome to Camp Rock!". See our selection of personalized banners for inspiration!
- If you have a fire pit, light a small campfire in your backyard! The firelight and campfire smell with definitely add to the atmosphere. If you don't have the option of a real campfire, cut one out of construction paper and hang it on one wall of the party area.
- Balloons are a must at every party! You can use the colors from the Camp Rock logo, and group together yellow and red helium balloons to set around the party area. You could also add guitar balloons to some of your rock party decorations.
- Create a stage area where your guests can sing and dance! Hang a plain white sheet on one wall of the party area and paint large black speakers on both sides. Outline the sheet with clear lights.
- Hang posters of the Camp Rock cast around the party area. Sign the names of the cast members on some of the posters for added effect.
- Set out groups of musical instruments, such as tambourines, guitars, xylophones, and drums around the party area that your guests can pick up and try out during the party.
- Play the Camp Rock soundtrack or music by The Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato as background music.
Camp Rock Party Food Ideas
- Serve french fries and popcorn in stadium cups. Set out toppings for the popcorn such as cheese powder, cinnamon and sugar, chocolate sprinkles, and sea salt.
- Serve traditional camp food, like hotdogs and hamburgers, straight off the grill. Add sides of corn on the cob and baked beans as well.
- Use cookie cutters in the shape of a music note and a guitar to cut out fun shapes in sandwiches. You can also use them to cut out shapes in sliced cheese.
- Set out a bowl of homemade trail mix for your little campers.
- Serve Ice Cream Cone Microphones! Serve ice cream in sugar cones and roll the top in chocolate sprinkles.
- Serve CD Sugar Cookies by frosting round sugar cookies in white frosting and piping on the details, such as the center hole and the band name, in black decorator frosting.
- Make a star-shaped cake with our star cake pan and pipe on words like "You're a Star!" or "Let's Party!" in decorator icing.
- If you have a fire pit, try roasting marshmallows and making S'mores as an alternative to cake. If you don't have a fire pit, you could also try roasting marshmallows over your grill.
Party Favor Ideas
Camp Rock Party Favors
Once the stage lights have dimmed and the campers are on their way home, put one last smile on their faces with party favors that fit your theme. You can give one large favor, such as a Jonas Brothers CD, or combine smaller favors such as a tambourine, an inflatable microphone, guitar picks, and a disposable camera in a nice favor bag.
To save time, you may want to consider our complete Rock-Inspired Favor Sets, which include matching favor bags. Or, consider our popular Personalized Rock n' Roll Favors. Choose from bag tags, zipper pulls, magnets, and more, all personalized with your guests' names or a special message from you!