Butterfly Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
The beauty and grace of butterflies are unmistakable and captivating to children of all ages, so why not throw a party in their honor? Our Butterfly Party Ideas include suggestions for invitations, activities, and more, to get all your guests aflutter!
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
- Butterfly Wings for each guest
- A bubble machine
- Butterfly nets
- Butterfly headbands
- Butterfly mobiles
- Fresh or silk flowers
- A butterfly pinata
Butterfly Birthday Invitations
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized butterfly party supplies butterfly net with a long curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the butterfly invitation. Hand deliver the butterfly invitations to your guests.
- Include butterfly sticker and some confetti with each butterfly party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized butterfly party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Cut a piece of pastel-colored cardstock into a butterfly shape. Decorate it with markers and glitter glue. Leave enough blank space in the middle of the card to write your party details in gold or silver pen.
- Take a picture of the birthday girl dressed up in a butterfly costume. Print the photo onto one side of a piece of cardstock, so when you fold the card, the photo is on the front. Write your party details inside.
- Fold a piece of green cardstock in half to create a top-fold card. On the front, draw grass, flowers, bushes and trees. Paste butterfly stickers in the scene. Write your party details inside.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
We're having a party and you are invited, We hope you can come, we're all so excited! It's Katie's 5th birthday with a butterfly theme, So flutter on over for cake and ice cream!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Butterfly Party Decorations
- Group bunches of latex and Mylar balloons together around the party area. Add butterfly balloons
- Hang tulle netting on the walls and ceiling of the party area. Hang mini butterflies and flowers (purchased at the craft store) on the netting.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name]'s Butterfly Party!" Take a look at our Butterfly Banners for inspiration.
- Cut large butterfly shapes out of butcher paper and lay them on the ground leading up to the party entrance.
- Set out vases of silk or fresh flowers.
- Cut large flowers out of colorful felt or construction paper and tack them to the walls of the party area.
- If you have a ceiling fan in your party area, hang plastic or paper butterflies from each of the blades and turn the fan on low. The butterflies will fly above your party.
20% Off Sitewide with code: birthyay
20% Off Sitewide with code: birthyay
Butterfly Party Food Ideas
- Serve butterfly bagels. Slice a bagel in half, and then slice the halves in half so you have four pieces. Lay two pieces back to back to form butterfly wings. Add cream cheese, sliced fruit, small candies, and other decorations to create a beautiful butterfly.
- Clip a clothes pin in the center of a clear zipper bag. Fill either side of the bag with candies, popcorn, trail mix, pretzels or other small snacks to make a colorful butterfly snack bag! Add googly eyes or pipe cleaner antennae to the clothespin to complete the look.
- Fill candy bowls with bright-colored M&Ms and Skittles.
- Cut peanut butter sandwiches, cheese slices, and deli meat with butterfly cookie cutters.
- Use toothpicks to stick grapes together in a straight line. Add two carrot slivers to one end to serve as antennae. Call these Caterpillar Snacks.
- Serve lemonade, juice, and water with>flower silly straws.
- Serve a butterfly cake. Bake a 9" round cake. Cut the cake in half and turn the two pieces back to back so they resemble wings or use our>Butterfly cake pan. Decorate with different colors of frosting to create a colorful butterfly.
Party Favor Ideas
Butterfly Party Favor Ideas
- Butterfly notepads and pencils
- Butterfly straws
- Butterfly rings, necklaces, and bracelets
- Butterfly stickers and temporary tattoos
- Bug Nets
- Shaped lollipops and swirl lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.