Bumble Bee Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Here's the buzz! If your little bee is as sweet as honey and loves buzzing around, consider having a Bumble Bee themed birthday party. Invite your child's friends over to your hive and our Bumble Bee party ideas will keep them busy for hours. Read on for our creative Bumble Bee invitation, decoration, food, favor and game ideas.
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
- Jars of honey
- Bee costumes and headbands
- A moon bounce
- Tea party supplies, such as teapots, teacups and saucers
- Silk or real plants and flowers
- Stuffed bees
- Bee pinata
Bumble Bee Party Invitation Ideas
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized bee party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the bee invitation.
- Include a bee sticker and some confetti with each bee party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized bee party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Cut the shape of a bee out of construction paper. Decorate the front to look like a bee with glitter glue. Write the bee party details on the back.
- Wrap your bee party invitations or a personalized bee party sticker printed with your party details around a bottle of honey and deliver them by hand.
- Include fun wording on your invite such as "don't bee late," "Happ-bee Birthday," and "RSVP to the Queen Bee."
- Take a photo of your child in a bee costume and with computer software write "Cute as Can Bee" under the picture. On the inside of the invitation, include the following rhyme.
We're buzzed about Carol's birthday, We can't bee-lieve it's here. So head on over to our hive, To celebrate with cheer!
20% Off Sitewide with code: birthyay
Decorating & Food Ideas
Bumble Bee Party Decoration Ideas
- Paint terra cotta pots with yellow and black stripes and plant white and yellow flowers in the pots. Use these as table decorations.
- You can use yellow, black and white solid colored balloons, table covers and streamers.
- Hang stuffed or tissue paper bees from the ceiling with fishing line.
- Make an easy bumble bee decoration by painting the bottom of a paper plate with yellow and black stripes. Cut a half-circle out of white construction paper for the head, and glue on to the paper plate. Draw eyes on the head of the bee. Hang the bumblebees around your party area or place one on the back of every chair.
- Hang a bee party banner that reads "Happ-bee Birthday, Honey!"
- Draw a honeycomb pattern on a large sheet of yellow craft paper to hang on the walls.
20% Off Sitewide with code: birthyay
Bumble Bee Party Food Ideas
- Peanut Butter Crunch Sandwiches: Mix 1 cup of peanut butter with 1/2 cup of honey. Spread the mix on two slices of bread. Add 6 potato chips to one slice of bread and 4-6 thin slices of banana to the other. Press the two slices together and serve. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Honey Chicken Strips: Preheat the oven to 425 F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Whisk together 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. Pour Panko bread crumbs into a small bowl. Season uncooked chicken strips with a dash of salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the honey mixture and then into the bread crumbs. Place the coated chicken on the baking sheet and then bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Orange Honey Smoothie: Blend together 1-1/2 cups of chilled vanilla soy milk, 6 ounces of frozen orange juice, 1 large peeled ripe banana and 1/3 cup of honey. Add 8 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth and thick. Serve immediately.
- Honey pops: Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup pure honey and 1/4 cup water together and stir over high heat until it boils. Then, reduce the temperature to medium heat. The mixture will begin to thicken. Stir for 5 minutes and then add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours. Remove the honey pops from the mold and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Honey Crisps: Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup honey in a large bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups of rice cereal. Mix together and then form into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in rainbow sprinkles. Place the balls on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour. If you'd like, you can add 1/2 raisins to the batter or 1/2 cup granola.
Bumble Bee Cake Idea
- Bake two 9-inch round cakes using either a chocolate cake recipe or a yellow cake recipe.
- Use a butter cream frosting recipe to make the frosting.
- Add 5-10 drops of yellow food coloring to the frosting.
- Using the yellow frosting, frost between the two cakes, as well as the sides and bottom of the cake.
- Use black icing to draw lines across the body of the bee. Then draw two eyes on the head.
- Place one large waffle cookie on each side of the cake (between the cake layers) to create the bee's wings.
- Place two black licorice twists on the bee's head to make the antennae.
Party Favor Ideas
Bumble Bee Party Favor Ideas
- Garden temporary tattoos
- Swirl pops
- Stuffed honey bees
- Honey flavored candy and bottles of honey
- Complete garden favor sets
- Personalized bee items such as zipper pulls and bag tags.