- 3 1/2 cups crumbled pound cake
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries or thawed frozen strawberries
- Zest from one orange (lightly grate the outside of the orange's peel)
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- Chocolate sprinkles or dried strawberries (crumbled)
- Melt only 1 cup of the white chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute and stir until there are no lumps.
- Using a blender or food processer, mix the strawberries and orange zest until it's a smooth puree.
- In a large bowl, place the crumbled pound cake and pour the puree on top.
- Stir with a large or wooden spoon until the cake forms a smooth paste.
- Pour in the melted white chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Cover the candy coating with cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet and set aside.
- When the candy coating is ready, use a teaspoon to scoop out pieces of the candy and roll them into balls. Place them on the baking sheet.
- Place the truffles in the freezer for an hour.
- After an hour, microwave the other 2 cups of white chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave the chocolate for another 30 seconds, and repeat until smooth and melted.
- Use dipping tools or two forks to dip each truffle into the melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles or dried strawberries on top while the chocolate is still wet.
- After decorating, place the baking sheet of truffles in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leftover truffles can be stored in an air tight container for a week.