Friendship pins are a fast and fun way to make something for your friends to wear on their backpacks, shoes, clothes or hats! Experiment with different safety pin sizes and bead sizes to achieve a design you like best! Trade them with your friends or make them for your family. Ages 8 and up.
What You'll Need:
To Make A Single Friendship Pin:
- Safety pins of various sizes
- Small glass or plastic beads of various colors and shapes
To Make an Elaborate Friendship Pin:
- Arrange about 4-6 beads in a pattern of your choosing.
- Open a small-medium sized safety pin carefully and place the beads on the pin in the order of your pattern.
- Carefully close the pin.
- Wear the pin by carefully pinning it to a special bag, hat or clothing item.
Did You Like This Craft?
- Using medium-sized safety pins, make 10 single friendship pins (as directed above).
- Open a large safety pin and loop the bottom of the 10 friendship pins onto the large safety pin. The large pin will loop through the holes on the bottom of the medium safety pins.
- Carefully close the large pin.
- The 10 beaded pins now dangle from the larger pin.
- Wear the large pin by carefully pinning it to a special bag, hat or clothing item.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!