Batman Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Recreate Gotham City for your little Caped Crusader, complete with heroes and villains, with a Batman themed birthday party. A childhood favorite for decades, the Dark Knight's colorful cast of friends and foes can't help but make your birthday party unforgettable. So while Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are busy protecting Gotham from The Joker, The Riddler and Two-Face, allow us to offer some decorating, food and game tips to make your child's Batman Party Bat-tastic!
Batman Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Batman party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing, or renting the following items:
- Capes or Batman costumes
- Batman cartoons on DVD. We suggest Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond and Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Batman comics. We suggest looking for comic books and not the more mature graphic novels.
- One or several musical scores from the many Batman films
- Batman action figures or toys
- A Batman impersonator or entertainer
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our personalized Batman party invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details. We also offer Batman invitations which let you fill in the details yourself. Put your guests in the party spirit with custom made invitations for your party. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized Batman
party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in
one corner of the Batman invitation.
- Mail invitations in envelopes that say: "Top Secret" and "For heroes' eyes only." Inside the envelope place a plastic sandwich bag. Write EVIDENCE on an address label in red. For a more authentic look print the labels using a stencil-looking font. We suggest Courier or American Typewriter. Inside the bag add a few Batman-themed trinkets such as a Joker playing card, Two-Face's coin or a "Poison Ivy" leaf.
- Invite your guests to dress up as a hero or a villain. Characters can be Robin, Two-Face, Scarecrow, The Riddler, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Alfred, The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Harley Quinn, Bane, The Penguin, Batgirl or Commissioner Gordon.
Batman Party Decorating & Food Ideas
To create the atmosphere of Gotham City, decorate with bright colors to represent the comic book world of Batman or with dark colors to represent the most recent Batman movies. You can also pretend The Joker is throwing a party for Batman and decorate using a carnival. Here are some quick tips to turn your home into a cityscape! Also, take a look at our Batman decorations to get inspired.
- Cut black paper into a silhouette of buildings and tape them to the wall. Then light up the skyline using white Christmas lights.
- Buy inexpensive capes, or make your own using rectangles of black
cloth. Hang a cape from the back of each guest's chair before the party.
- Wrap crime scene tape around chairs.
- Create a bat-signal by taping the silhouette of a bat to the light of a flashlight and project on to a wall.
- Have adults get in the spirit by having them dress as their favorite characters.
- Play musical scores from the Batman movies at a low volume in the background.
- Cut bat silhouettes out of construction paper and tape them around the room. Or hang plastic bats around the room.
- Use a Batman banner or create a green and white road sign that says, "Welcome to Gotham City," and hang at the party entrance.
25% Off Sitewide (bb25) with code: bb25
25% Off Sitewide (bb25) with code: bb25
Instead of using Gotham's finest catering service; you can serve common party food and create Batman-related names for each tasty treat. Here are some food ideas for your child's Batman birthday:
- Batwings (fried chicken)
- Penguin nuggets (chicken nuggets)
- Joker fries (French fries in the shape of smiley faces, sold in the frozen foods section at some grocery stores)
- "Poison Ivy" salad
- Catwoman chow (snack mix)
- Round crackers (like Ritz) with Cheese Whiz decorated Batman logos
- Round cookies with icing in the shape of question marks
- Mr. Freeze's ice cream
- Robin's eggs (speckled chocolate eggs)
- Make a Batman cake by using a round pan for the cake. Then, use yellow and black icing to draw the bat-signal on the cake. Decorate with a small Batman action figure.
Batman Party Favor Ideas
You can purchase your own superhero favor boxes or create your own by using burlap to make money sacks. Either way, here are some goodies your heroes and villains can take home.
- Batarangs, bouncy balls, or disc shooters
- Superhero Candy
- Superhero temporary tattoos
- Whoopee Cushions and hand buzzers
- Gold coins or fake money
- Batman fruit snacks
- Personalized Batman favors