Basketball Party for Kids
Gather your favorite players and shoot some hoops at your child's next birthday party. If your child is a fan of basketball then consider throwing him a courtside basketball party! Read on for basketball birthday party decorating, food, invitation and game ideas. Shop our Basketball Party Supplies Browse this guide: Basketball Invitations Basketball Decorations Basketball Party Food Basketball Party Favors Basketball Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Basketball party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your child's Basketball party:
- Basketballs either regular size or smaller
- A basketball hoop
- Construction cones
- Basketball jerseys and sports headbands
- Popcorn bags
- A barbecue grill if your party is outdoors
- A pinata
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the alien invitation.
- Include a basketball sticker and some confetti with each basketball party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized basketball party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Cut the shape of a basketball out of orange construction paper. Draw lines like those on a basketball on the paper with glue and then sprinkle silver glitter on top. Wait for the glue to dry and then write your party details on the back.
- Take a photo of your child wearing their favorite team jersey while holding a basketball. Print out enough 4 x 6 copies of the photo so each guest receives one. Glue white construction paper to the back of the photo and write all the party details on it. The back of the photo can read like a trading card too.
Adam's ready to slam dunk another birthday, Come celebrate with our team as we shout "hip-hooray!" Attention all guards, passers and fans, Just RSVP to follow our game plan!
Basketball Party Decoration Ideas
- Use your child's favorite team colors to inspire your color choices for table covers, balloons, streamers and cutlery.
- Ask guests to arrive wearing their favorite team's jersey or t-shirt. Provide white t-shirts that can be decorated with fabric markers for guests who might not own a jersey.
- Buy packs of basketball cards and scatter them around the party table along with some round confetti.
- Set up clean trash cans or plastic basketball hoops around the room so guests can take turns shooting hoops.
- If it's basketball season, find a basketball game on TV your guests would enjoy watching. Make sure you adjust the volume when you need to get the children's attention during games and while you're serving cake.
- Ask an adult to dress in a basketball uniform and pose with the children for photos! Mail the photos with your thank you cards.
- Sliders: Pound ground beef into a thin sheet about 1-inch thick and then cut the meat into squares. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook the burgers in a skillet on the stove or place the skillet on a barbecue grill. Top with cheddar cheese and serve on mini hamburger rolls. Don't forget to provide your guests with condiments.
- Foot Longs: Wrap foot long hotdogs in crescent roll dough and bake at 350 until the rolls are just brown. You can also wrap American or cheddar cheese around the hotdogs before wrapping them in dough and baking. Slice the baked crescent dogs into quarters and serve with spicy mustard.
- Seven Layer Taco Dip: In a medium bowl, blend together 1-ounce of taco seasoning and 1 can of refried beans. In another bowl, mix together 1 package of cream cheese and 16-ounces of sour cream. Place the bean mixture on a large serving platter. Next, spread the cream cheese mixture on top. Spread one jar of salsa on top of the cream cheese. Next, add layers of tomato, green bell peppers, green onions and lettuce. Finally, top with 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. If you'd like, garnish the dip with 1 can of drained black olives.
- Team Trail Mix: Create a trail mix that represents your child's favorite basketball team. Mix together several corn and rice cereal brands (such as Kix and Rice Chex) with raisins and M&M candies that match the team's colors (for example, blue and orange could represent the New York Knicks).
- Serve popcorn in traditional popcorn bags. Set out various toppings your guests can add, such as caramel sauce, powdered cheese, melted butter and cinnamon.
- Serve drinks like fruit punch, lemonade and root beer in stadium cups with silly straws.
- Start off by baking two 9 x 13 cakes. If you need a cake batter recipe, try our chocolate cake or yellow cake recipes.
- Once the cake finishes baking and cooling, frost between the two layers. Then carve the cake into the shape of a jersey.
- Frost the top of the cake and the sides using butter cream or white frosting.
- Pipe your son's last name across the top of the jersey cake.
- Write his jersey number or the age he is turning underneath the last name.
Party Favor IdeasBasketball Party Favor Ideas Make sure your child's teammates go home feeling like winners! To find a large variety of basketball party favors, visit our Basketball Party Page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Basketball key chains
- Mini foam basketballs
- Basketball wallets
- Stickers and stationary
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Basketball Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Basketball Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.