Basketball Party for Kids
Gather your favorite players and shoot some hoops at your child's next birthday party. If your child is a fan of basketball then consider throwing him a courtside basketball party! Read on for basketball birthday party decorating, food, invitation and game ideas.
Basketball Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic basketball party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your child's Basketball party:
- Basketballs either regular size or smaller
- A basketball hoop
- Basketball jerseys and sweatbands
Pick your MVPs and get ready for the game of the year! If you don't want to make your own invitations, consider our vibrant personalized basketball invitations. Alternatively, invite your favorite players to your child's basketball birthday party by making creative invitations. Here's the play-by-play:
- Cut the shape of a basketball out of orange construction paper. Draw lines like those on a basketball on the paper with glue and then sprinkle silver glitter on top. Wait for the glue to dry and then write your party details on the back.
- Take a photo of your child wearing their favorite team jersey while holding a basketball. Print out enough 4 x 6 copies of the photo so each guest receives one. Glue white construction paper to the back of the photo and write all the party details on it. The back of the photo can read like a trading card too.
Basketball Party Decorating & Food
- Use your child's favorite team colors to inspire your color choices for table covers, balloons, streamers and cutlery.
- Ask guests to arrive wearing their favorite team's jersey or t-shirt. Provide white t-shirts that can be decorated with fabric markers for guests who might not own a jersey.
- Buy packs of basketball cards and scatter them around the party table along with some round confetti.
- Set up clean trash cans or plastic basketball hoops around the room so guests can take turns shooting hoops.
- If it's basketball season, find a basketball game on TV your guests would enjoy watching. Make sure you adjust the volume when you need to get the children's attention during games and while you're serving cake.
- Ask an adult to dress in a basketball uniform and pose with the children for photos! Mail the photos with your thank you cards.
If the weather is nice, have a courtside party and throw some burgers, chicken and hotdogs on the grill. Remember to cut your servings into small portions so that food is not wasted. Here are some other tasty treats you can serve at your basketball party.
- Sliders: Pound ground beef into a thin sheet
about 1-inch thick and then cut the meat into squares. Season lightly
with salt and pepper. Cook the burgers in a skillet on the stove or
place the skillet on a barbecue grill. Top with cheddar cheese and serve
on mini hamburger rolls.
- Foot Longs: Wrap foot long hotdogs in crescent roll dough and bake at 350 until the rolls are just brown. Wrap them in dough and bake. Slice the baked crescent dogs into quarters and serve with spicy mustard.
- Team Trail Mix: Create a trail mix that represents your child's favorite basketball team. Mix together several corn and rice cereal brands (such as Kix and Rice Chex) with raisins and M&M candies that match the team's colors (for example, blue and orange could represent the New York Knicks).
- Serve popcorn in traditional popcorn bags.
- Serve drinks like fruit punch, lemonade and root beer in stadium cups.
Basketball Party Favors
Make sure your child's teammates go home feeling like winners! To find a large variety of basketball party favors, visit our store and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Basketball key chains
- Mini foam basketballs
- Basketball wallets
- Stickers and stationary
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.