In this contest you will find out who can jump rope forwards, backwards, crisscross and the longest! Before you begin the jump rope contest, give your guests some time to practice. Depending on the age of the children, you may want to make the contest easier or harder. You can do this by increasing or decreasing the duration of each challenge listed below.
What You'll Need:
How to Have a Jump Rope Contest:
- 1 jump rope for every guest
- A stopwatch
- Several copies of our Jump Rope Champion certificate
Did You Like This Game?
- Make sure everyone is spread out before they begin to jump rope. Then, give them a little time to practice jumping forward, backwards and crisscrossed.
- Start Round 1 of the contest by asking everyone to jump rope forwards for 30 seconds without stopping.
- Everyone who successfully does this gets to move to Round 2.
- Start Round 2 of the contest by asking everyone who's left to jump rope backwards for 30 seconds without stopping.
- Everyone who successfully does this gets to move to Round 3.
- In Round 3, everyone will have to jump with the rope crisscrossed for 30 seconds forwards without stopping.
- In Round 4, everyone will have to jump with the rope crisscrossed for 30 second backwards without stopping.
- Finally, in Round 5, anyone left will have to jump anyway they'd like for 2 minutes without stopping.
- Whoever is left at the end of the contest can get a Jump Rope Champion certificate!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!