What You'll Need:
- 1 ball (could be a baseball, foam ball, ping pong ball etc.) for every pair of players
- Baseball gloves for each player
How to Play All-Star Catch:
- Form two lines about 3 feet apart and have all of the teammates stand across from each other.
- Create two finish lines several yards behind the starting lines using chalk, tape, trashcans, cones, or whatever is available.
- Divide the group into teams of two.
- Give a ball (could be a baseball, foam ball, ping pong ball etc.) to all of the kids in one line.
- The players holding the balls toss them to their teammates.
- Teammates on the receiving side must catch the balls.
- If the teammate catches the ball, he or she takes one step back and tosses the ball back.
- If the teammate doesn't catch the ball he or she must stay put and throw the ball back.
- This continues and the players step back after every successful toss.
- The first team to have both players cross their finish lines wins.
- If a player drops the ball, that team must leave the game. The last team left wins.
- Allow teams to drop the ball three times before they are out.
Top of Page