Baseball Birthday Party
Give your little slugger a big league party with our baseball party ideas. Read on for tips on creating the perfect baseball birthday party, with suggestions on invitations, decorations, favors, food, and games.
Baseball Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to baseball party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing the following items for your Baseball party:
- Extra baseball bats, balls and gloves
- Baseball t-shirts and hats or helmets
- Baseball pennants and flags from your child's favorite team
- A baseball music CD, such as Passin' It On: America's Baseball Heritage in Song
- A baseball-themed movie like: Everyone's Hero (Rated G), The Sandlot (Rated PG), Angels in the Outfield (Rated PG), Rookie of the Year (Rated PG)
If you'd like to purchase invitations instead of making them, you can still have a personalized touch with our personalized invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details. Feeling creative? You can make your own baseball party invitations with the following tips:
- Cut out circles on card stock and draw red lines to create invitations that look like baseballs.
- Invite your guests to show support for their favorite teams by dressing in the team's colors. If you want to play baseball, ask them to bring extra bats and gloves.
- Create an invitation that looks like a baseball card. Take a picture of your child in his or her favorite uniform and place it on the front of the card. Write your child's stats and party details on the back of the card.
Baseball Party Decorating & Food
- Consider decorating the party area with the colors of your child's
favorite baseball team. Red, white, and blue goes well with a generic
baseball party theme.
- Decorate the party area with a baseball banner, pennants and posters of your child's favorite teams and players.
- Create an entrance to the stadium of your child's favorite team with a personalized baseball party banner. For example, "Welcome to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs."
- Hang a personalized banner with your child's name on it to make him or her feel like an MVP.
- Scatter baseball cards around the party table.
No baseball birthday party would be complete without popular ballpark food like:
- French fries
- Cracker Jacks
- Popcorn in a popcorn snack bag
- Cotton candy
- Big League Chew
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Frost cupcakes with white icing and use top with red licorice or red decorator gel to create the stitching to make cupcakes that look like baseballs.
- Use a round layer cake or a domed ball cake pan to create a cake in the shape of a ball to make a baseball cake.
- Decorate a plain cake in the colors of your child's team and use decorator gel to create the team logo in the center. Top your cake with baseball candles.
- Create a cake that looks like a baseball field. Fill a large diamond shape with orange icing and create four bases and lines with white icing. Fill the rest of the cake outside of the diamond with green icing. Jazz up your cake with flags and plastic army men that look like baseball players.
Baseball Party Favors
Thank your guests with slammin' party favors! To find a large variety of sports party favors, visit our store page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Stickers and temporary tattoos
- Fun shaped lollipops
- Baseball shaped key chains
- Foam baseballs
- Small trophies
- Baseball notepads and pencils
- Baseball stadium cups