Baseball Birthday Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Give your little slugger a big league party with our baseball party ideas. Read on for tips on creating the perfect baseball birthday party, with suggestions on invitations, decorations, favors, food, and games.Hit a homerun at your Little Slugger’s next birthday party with these all-star ideas. By combining thematic snacks and décor you’ll triple your MVP’s fun on their special day.
Baseball Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to baseball party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing the following items for your Baseball party:
- Extra baseball bats, balls and gloves
- Baseball t-shirts and hats or helmets
- Baseball pennants and flags from your child's favorite team
- A baseball music CD, such as Passin' It On: America's Baseball Heritage in Song
- A baseball-themed movie like: Everyone's Hero (Rated G), The Sandlot (Rated PG), Angels in the Outfield (Rated PG), Rookie of the Year (Rated PG)
Decorate behind centerfield with gathered Grass Print Table Covers topped with a mix of Red and White Glittered Paper Fans. Score big decorating points with a baseball birthday poster mounted on foam core. Get the free printable HERE. (TIP: To save money, have your local copy center run the poster as a colored engineering print.)
If you'd like to purchase invitations instead of making them, you can still have a personalized touch with our personalized invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details. Feeling creative? You can make your own baseball party invitations with the following tips:
- Cut out circles on card stock and draw red lines to create invitations that look like baseballs.
- Invite your guests to show support for their favorite teams by dressing in the team's colors. If you want to play baseball, ask them to bring extra bats and gloves.
- Create an invitation that looks like a baseball card. Take a picture of your child in his or her favorite uniform and place it on the front of the card. Write your child's stats and party details on the back of the card.
Pop these Personalized Baseball
Invitations in the mail and set the stage for all the fun long before
the festivities begin. Adding a Baseball Mini-Sticker
to the envelope gives the recipient a sneak peek into what’s inside.
Baseball Party Decorating & Food
Greet guests as they arrive by accenting the front door with a collection of bats and a basket full of balls. Create an eye-catching wreath by layering a wire floral form with baseball cards and Mini-Foam Baseballs. Throw a diamond cutout from this Baseball Foil Swirl Decorating Kit into the center for further impact.
- Consider decorating the party area with the colors of your child's favorite baseball team. Red, white, and blue goes well with a generic baseball party theme.
- Decorate the party area with a baseball banner, pennants and posters of your child's favorite teams and players.
- Create an entrance to the stadium of your child's favorite team with a personalized baseball party banner. For example, "Welcome to Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs."
- Hang a personalized banner with your child's name on it to make him or her feel like an MVP.
- Scatter baseball cards around the party table.
Don’t forget the requisite concession stand favorites of peanuts and Cracker Jacks. Bubble gum, sunflower seeds, and popcorn add to the standard mix. Then if you want, take the snacks up a notch with corn nuts, Baby Ruth candy bars, and red licorice.
No baseball birthday party would be complete without popular ballpark food like:
- French fries
- Cracker Jacks
- Popcorn in a popcorn snack bag
- Cotton candy
- Big League Chew
- Ice cream sandwiches
Make sure guests know where to get their snacks by hanging this concessions banner across the table front. Attach cardstock letters to Baseball Invitations then string on twine intermixing them with Red Tissue Tassels. Offer standard birthday fare such as hot dogs, chips, and cupcakes topped with covered sandwich cookies iced to mimic baseballs.
Dessert will be a hit with guests if you create something that will fit with your baseball party theme. Here are a few ideas:
- Frost cupcakes with white icing and use top with red licorice or red decorator gel to create the stitching to make cupcakes that look like baseballs.
- Use a round layer cake or a domed ball cake pan to create a cake in the shape of a ball to make a baseball cake.
- Decorate a plain cake in the colors of your child's team and use decorator gel to create the team logo in the center. Top your cake with baseball candles.
- Create a cake that looks like a baseball field. Fill a large diamond shape with orange icing and create four bases and lines with white icing. Fill the rest of the cake outside of the diamond with green icing. Jazz up your cake with flags and plastic army men that look like baseball players.
Baseball Party Favors
Send players home with a collection of fun favors such as a Baseball Plastic Favor Cup, Baseball Glasses, a Slap Bracelet, an Inflatable Bat and a few Mini-Foam Baseballs. Use a large tip red marker to draw baseball stitching on White Favor Bags then tag bags with Personalized Rectangular Stickers clipped on with clothespins. Fill bags with all the goodies and top with a bit of Grass Print Table Cover to keep everything inside.
Thank your guests with slammin' party favors! To find a large variety of sports party favors, visit our store page and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Stickers and temporary tattoos
- Fun shaped lollipops
- Baseball shaped key chains
- Foam baseballs
- Small trophies
- Baseball notepads and pencils
- Baseball stadium cups
Baseball Party Activities
Keep the team busy by taking them outside for pitching practice. This throw board is simply a sheet of beadboard paneling with shapes jig-sawed in the center. Letter stickers make quick work of labeling the holes. To protect nearby windows, provide little pitchers with Mini-Foam Baseballs instead of real ones.
Similar to corn hole (or bean bag toss), this game will provide a fun way for everyone at the party to stay active and have a blast at the same time! And they get to show off their pitching!