Nothing says summertime quite like a barbecue. From time spent out in the yard soaking up some sun to the scent of something delicious being cooked on the grill, a barbecue a great way to celebrate summer birthdays and warm weather holidays like Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. In this planning youll find ideas for BBQ party invitations, decorations, party games, and more! Shop ourSummer Party Supplies or Americana Summer Party Supplies Browse this guide: BBQ Invitations BBQ Decorations BBQ Food BBQ Party Favors BBQ Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic party supplies such as plates, napkins, cups, cutlery, table covers, streamers, balloons, and a grill, consider buying, renting, or borrowing the following items:
- Outdoor games and activities
- Water gunsand other water toys
- Themed candy
- A potato sack race game
- Insect repellent
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized BBQ party supplies with curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the BBQ invitation.
- Design the card to resemble the grill you'll be cooking on.
- Include asticker or temporary tattooand some confetti with each BBQ party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized BBQ party sticker.
- Use paper with a red gingham border to create your invitations.
- Print your invitations on colored cardstock, and include clip art images of a barbecue grill, picnic table, etc.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name]'s Birthday BBQ!"
- Cover tables with red and white checkered cloth. Use red bandanas as napkins.
- Use a pot of flowers as the table centerpiece.
- Hang small clear twinkle lights in trees or on deck railings.
- Fill red and white balloons with helium and tie them together in groups of five. Anchor the groups around the party space withballoon weights, and tie one group to the back of the birthday child's chair.
- On really hot days, set up a canopy or beach umbrellas to provide some shade.
- Place separate recycle bins for paper and plastic (to include glass/plastic/aluminum items) near the food tables.
- Hang apiatain the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any piata into a pull-string with theseeasy instructions.
- Grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and chicken drumsticks
- Grilled vegetable slices
- Cole slaw, potato salad, sliced fruit, deviled eggs, baked beans, and small pieces of corn on the cob
- Water, lemonade and other drinks that will keep kids hydrated in the warm weather. Usesilly strawsfor some added cookout party fun!
- Provide the ingredients for s'mores and let the kids roast their own marshmallows.
- Popsicles or an ice cream sundae bar are a sure hit with kids when it comes to dessert. Set up a table with ice cream and a variety of toppings in serving bowls, and then let the guests choose their own toppings.
Party Favor IdeasBBQ Party Favors Choose fun, summertime party favors to encourage guests to continue spending time outdoors even after the party comes to an end, like:
- Jump ropes
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Beach balls
- Bounce putty
- Water Toys
Water Balloon TossPlayers will team up to see who can "go the distance" in this fun water balloon game.