Plan a beautiful ballerina party that your guests will adore with our Ballerina Party Ideas! We have provided general party planning tips as well as great decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions that are sure to make your party tu-tu much fun! Shop all our Dance Party Supplies Browse this guide: Ballerina Invitations Ballerina Decorations Ballerina Party Food Ballerina Party Favors Ballerina Party Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsIf you'd rather not have the party at home, contact a few dance schools in your area to see if any of them host birthday parties in their dance studios. Other possible party locations may include a nearby park, a local recreation center room, a community clubhouse, or your church's social hall. Or, try one of the other locations listed in our When & Where to Have the Party article. What Do I Need for My Child's Ballet Party? Basic party supplies include paper tableware like plates, cups, napkins, and cutlery; as well as a tablecloth, balloons, and streamers. If you plan to use themed tableware, consider our Ballerina Party Supplies. You may also want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting other items to fit your ballerina party theme, such as the following:
- Cookie Cutters in Star, Flower and/or Butterfly Shapes
- Dress-up Items Like Ballet Tutus and Tiaras for Your Guests to Wear
- A>Bubble-Making Machine
- Ballet balloons
- Ballet or tiara pinata
- Disposable Cameras
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized dance party supplies with a length of>curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the ballerina invitation.
- Include a dance sticker and some confetti with each ballerina party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized dance party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Use pink cardstock folded in half, and decorate the cover with a ballerina sticker. Add your party details inside.
- Write your party details on a paper doll and then add a tu-tu around the doll's waist with pink tulle.
- Ask the birthday girl to draw a picture of a ballerina. Photocopy her drawing onto colored paper and add the party details. Then roll up the invitation into a scroll, and tie it with a pink ribbon. Alternatively, take a photo of the birthday girl in her favorite ballerina dress and use that as the main invitation picture.
- Use ribbon to tie a card-style invitation to the stem of an artificial flower or one of our personalized ballerina party supplies. Send these in padded envelopes.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:Prima Ballerina Heather is turning 6! Twirl on over to 123 Party Lane at 2 PM on April 16 to celebrate! It will be tu-tu much fun!1/2
Set the Mood with Ballerina Party Decorations Choose from our list of decorating ideas to create a ballet atmosphere for your party. Try just a few ideas, or go all out!
- Have the guest of honor wear her favorite ballerina party dress so she greets her guests in style!
- Choose pink and white as the colors for decorations such as table covers, streamers, and balloons.
- Greet your guests with a large group of pink and white balloons outside your front door and a cascade of bubbles from a bubble machine.
- Ask your guests to wear dance leotards. When the girls arrive, give each a tutu and>tiara to wear. This will make them all feel like ballerinas! Purchase the items, or make your own! To make a simple ballet tutu, just gather pink netting, and sew a strip of satin ribbon around the waist. Include enough extra ribbon on each end to create a tie in back.
- Hang clear twinkle lights around the party space.
- Make large tissue paper flowers in shades of pink and white, and use them as your table centerpiece. See our easy Tissue paper flower kit, or purchase your own supplies and use our instructions for making tissue flowers. Arrange groups of flowers on the tables and floors, hang them from the ceiling, or tie them to your guests' chairs.
- Hang tulle netting from the ceiling to create a canopy over the main party table. Attach some butterflies and flowers from a craft store.
- Play well-known ballet music such as Swan Lake or The Nutcracker.
- Bring your full-length mirror into the party room, and lean it against the wall so the ballerinas can see themselves.
- Make a banner that says "Welcome to [your child's name] Ballet Party!" and hang it near the party entrance. Check out our selection of dance banners, and then let us do the work for you!
- Prepare jam sandwiches cut with a star cookie cutter.
- Serve cut fruit in clear plastic goblets.
- Offer pink lemonade served in tea cups.
- Serve magic wand cookies! Simply prepare star-shaped sugar cookies and slide a wooden popsicle stick under each cookie before baking. Bake as usual, and frost as desired.
- Offer a plate of mini muffins in several different flavors.
- Serve crispy rice cereal treats sprinkled with pink sugar.
- Serve linzer heart cookies and petit fours.
- Serve ginger ale with a scoop of strawberry ice cream for a cool pink treat, or try our smoothie recipe.
- Create a Ballerina Birthday Cake by making a miniature tiered cake with a ballerina figure on top. Simply bake one 9" and one 6" round cake in your child's favorite flavor. Stack the smaller cake on the center of the larger one, and cover both layers with pink frosting. Add the ballerina figure as the cake topper. If you wish, add more decorations like colored sprinkles, or frosting piped into flower shapes. You can also try using one of our flower or tiara shaped cake pans.
Party Favor IdeasBallerina Party Favors Thank the guests for attending your child's ballerina party with fun party favors like tiaras, stickers, hair accessories, coloring books, fancy pens, and bubbles. Or, to simplify your planning, consider our complete Favor Sets which include matching bags! Try favors like:
- Ballerina dolls
- Lip gloss
- Costume items for girls
- Ballerina stickers and temporary tattoos
- Costume jewelry