Avengers Party Ideas
last updated 1/7/2019
The Avengers team is full of energy, so shouldn't your Avengers party be just as exciting? If your kid loves The Avengers movie or Avengers comics, this is the superhero party guide for you! This Avengers guide is brimming with birthday ideas for an Avengers theme party as well as tips for Avengers decorations, favors, invitations and more.
Avengers Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Avengers party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Avengers party:
- Avengers toys and action figures
- Movies featuring The Avengers like Thor, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America and The Avengers.
- Avengers comics and cartoon episodes.
- Frisbee discs decorated to resemble Captain America's shield.
- Avengers costumes
- Superhero capes and masks
For a special touch, invite your guests to your Avengers party with our superhero personalized invitations. Would you rather try your hand at making DIY invitations? Creative invitations build excitement and set the mood before the party even starts! If you have time to make your own, consider these suggestions for your Avengers party invitations.
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized invitations and hand deliver them to your guests. Our personalized Avengers invitations work great with this idea!
- Include an superhero sticker or superhero tattoo with your invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized sticker printed with the party info or a fun message!
- Cut out one large red circle, a small blue circle, a white ring and a white star out of construction paper. Glue the pieces together to create Captain America's shield and write your party info in the center star!
- Make your invitations look like The Avengers case files from S.H.I.E.L.D. by typing out your party info next to a photo of your birthday child. Send invitations in manila envelopes marked "TOP SECRET."
Avengers Party Decorations & Food Ideas
If you want your party decorations to be as super as The Avengers, we have some great tips for you! Set up some streamers, banners and balloons to transform your birthday party into an Avengers extravaganza! Here are a few tips on how to decorate for an Avengers party:
- Welcome your guests to your Avengers party with a personalized banner.
- Make paper cutouts of superhero masks and hang them on the walls of your Avengers party space. You can also make cutouts of Captain America's shield, Thor's hammer, and other iconic Avengers symbols.
- Decorate with personalized banners that read "Welcome to STARK Tower" or "S.H.I.E.L.D."
- Create a city backdrop out of construction paper and cardboard boxes. Use the space to take photos of your guests in Avengers Costumes and accessories. Send the pictures out with your thank you notes after the party.
- Make superhero capes out of trapezoid-shaped sheets of fabric. Sew string to the neck of the cape to keep them from falling off! You can also create masks out of felt and ribbon ties.
Here are some of our favorite Avengers party foods for your guests to enjoy!
- Create "Thor's Hammer" snacks out of puffed rice cereal treat squares and pretzel rods. Draw a lightning bolt on the side with decorator frosting for effect.
- Make Hulk themed snacks by adding green food coloring to party foods. You can create a Hulk Changing Soda by freezing green fruit drink in and ice cube tray and then adding the green ice cubes to a clear soda. As the ice cubes melt, the drink will turn green just like Bruce Banner turning into The Hulk!
- Give typical party foods fun superhero labels. Serve foods like Hulk Hamburgers, Captain America's Apple Pie Bites, Iron Mac and Cheese, Thor's Hair Spaghetti, or Loki Lime Pie.
- Make Captain America pizza bagels by layering cheese, a pepperoni, and a star cut out of cheese.
- Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to create Captain America themed sandwiches or cookies. You can also
make patriotic foods and desserts to match the Captain America theme.
Avengers Party Favors
Send your guests home from your Avengers party smiling with fun superhero favors! Here are a few Avengers party favor ideas:
- Decorate plain color favor bags with The Avengers symbols. Fill the Avengers tote bags up with toys and superhero favors!
- Add paper masks and capes to lollipops to create superhero candy favors.
- Avengers Crafts: Let guests create their very own superhero masks, capes, and t-shirts! Set up a craft station with pre-assembled masks, capes or plain t-shirts. Let guests decorate their hero costume accessories with fabric markers, plastic gems or other decorations. Then, take your creations home as a super party favor!
- Shop our Avengers favors and personalized items for hassle-free toys and gifts.