Arts and Crafts Party
Arts and Crafts birthday parties are an enriching way to keep your party guests busy while they have fun! We have directions for unique craft projects, as well as ideas for crafty invitations, supplies, food and favors for your child's arts and crafts birthday party.
Arts and Crafts Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Arts and Crafts party:
- Child-sized smocks, aprons or old shirts
- Craft/activity kits
- Tables and chairs
- Quick dry glue and craft glue
- Washable markers, crayons and colored pencils
- Newspapers (to use as table covers during art projects)
- Punch a hole in a card-style invitation and attach it to a personalized bag tag or personalized bookmark with curling ribbon.
- Seal your arts & crafts party invitations envelopes with an art party personalized sticker printed with party details or a fun message!
- Use colored cardstock, ink and rubber stamps to design your invitations.
- Let your child finger paint or place their handprint on the cover of each invitation.
Arts and Crafts Party Decorating & Food
- Make a table cover out of white craft paper. Place buckets of crayons on the table. At the party, encourage the guests to draw pictures on the paper.
- Ask your child to draw pictures on the walkway leading to your doorstep using sidewalk chalk.
- Face paint your party guests as they arrive. Only spend a couple minutes on each guest so that you have time for other activities.
- Decorate the walls in the party area with drawings your child has created over the years.
- Place tissue paper flowers in vases on the party table. These are easy to make and can be given out to guests as favors.
- Create mini pizzas using sliced bagels or English muffins as crust.
- Serve peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese or deli sandwiches and have your guests use cookie cutters to create fun-shaped sandwiches.
- Bake sugar cookies and have the children decorate them using icing, candy and food coloring.
- Set up an ice cream bar and let the children choose their own flavor and toppings to create sundaes.
Arts and Crafts Party Favors
The great part about having an Arts and Crafts birthday party is that the projects your guests make can serve as party favors! In case you want to send your guests home with something extra, here are some more favor ideas.
- Coloring Activities
- Crayons, markers and colored pencils
- Swirl Lollipops
- Personalized stickers, zipper pulls and placemats