Animal Zoo Party Ideas
Want to throw your little animal lover an animal-inspired birthday party, but don't know where to start? We have you covered! In addition to our individual animal themed party guides, our Animal Zoo guide will give you tips and ideas for an amazing Animal Zoo party. Whether your party is held at home, your local zoo, or aquarium, we have ideas for invitations, supplies, favors, food and games.
Animal Zoo Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic animal-themed party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Animal Zoo party:
- Petting zoo animals
- Balloon animals
- Animal masks or costumes
- A variety of stuffed animals
- Movies featuring animals
Invite your guests to a local zoo, aquarium, farm or nearby pond to celebrate your child's big day. You can create your own birthday party invitations by using one of our ideas below. We also offer a large selection of personalized animal-themed invitations that you can customize.
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized animal-themed products with curling ribbon.
- Include animal stickers in the envelope with you animal birthday invitations. Seal the envelopes with an animal birthday personalized sticker with a special birthday message or party details.
- Take your child to the zoo and have them take photos of their favorite animals. Print out the photos on matte photo paper and write the party details on the back.
- Ask your child to draw a picture of their favorite animals. Scan the photo and use computer software to add the party details. Attach the invitation to an animal blower and hand deliver them to your guests.
Animal Party Decorating & Food
When decorating for your Animal Zoo party, get inspired by your child's favorite animals and their habitat. Use the African plains, the rain forest, the ocean, a farm or the jungle to inspire your creativity. Here are some additional zoo decoration ideas.
- Hang green and brown streamers from the ceiling to resemble vines. You can also add to the faux forest atmosphere with plastic plants and silk flowers.
- Scatter animal figurines and stuffed animals throughout the party area. These can be taken home after the party by guests as favors.
- Assign each party guest a different animal to pretend to be during the party. You can make tails and masks for them to wear as they hit the elephant pinata.
- Use animal print balloons and favors to decorate the area along with matching animal print fabric. You can use the fabric to cover each chair or cover only the birthday child's chair and call them king or queen of the jungle!
- Play jungle music or animal themed movies softly in the background.
- At the serving table, make a sign that reads "Please feed the animals!"
Everyone knows wild animals need to eat! In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Animal Zoo themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Pigs in a blanket: Cut crescent roll dough into small triangles and wrap them around mini hotdogs. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. If you like, wrap cheese around eat hot dog under the dough before baking.
- Banana Pops: Insert a Popsicle stick into the bottom of a halved banana. Pour chocolate syrup over the banana until it is completely covered. Roll the chocolate-covered banana in a thin layer of nuts. Freeze 4-6 hours before serving.
- Animal Snackers: Serve animal crackers with pudding cups and let the guests dunk the animals into the pudding.
- Pet Chow: Make a snack mix your guests will love. Mix M&Ms, mini marshmallows, graham cracker teddy bears and almonds in a large bowl. Add a dash powdered sugar to taste. Serve in new, clean pet bowls.
- Use animal-shaped cookie cutters to make zoo cookies!
Animal Zoo Party Favors
Send your wild animals back to their cages with treats that will make them pounce! We offer a large variety of animal themed favors, candy and stationary. Here are some favor ideas for your Animal Zoo party.
- Fun shaped lollipops
- Animal sticker books and activities
- Animal squirt toys
- Animal figurines and stuffed animals