The goal of this game is to accumulate the most points for your team by repeatedly pulling the opposing "Elephant" over to your side of the play area.
Note: If guests are too young to play, they're sure to get a kick out of watching two adults in a tug of war!
At the Party:
- Divide the children into two equal teams.
- To start, each team picks one representative to be their "Elephant."
- The two chosen "Elephants" then stand on either side of a line. (You can either tape or draw a line on the ground, or just use a doorway.)
- The two players hold hands and try to pull each other across the line/through the doorway as their teammates cheer them on from either side.
- Make sure to play several rounds so that everyone gets a chance to be an "Elephant."
- If playing competitively, keep a tally of the number of times each side's "Elephants" pull their opponents over the line, then award a prize to the team with the most points at the end of the game.