What You'll Need:
- Paper Plates
- Yellow, Black, Orange, & Brown Construction Paper
- Paste or Glue Sticks
- Tongue Depressors (if desired)
- Cut large circles from the yellow construction paper (1 for each guest) using one of the paper plates as a pattern.
- Then, using our Lion Craft Pattern, cut one set of the following for each guest:
At the Party:
- 6 Whiskers (from black paper)
- 1 Set of Eyes (from black paper)
- 1 Nose (from black paper)
- 1 Mouth (from black paper)
- 1 Set of Jowls (from orange paper)
- 20 Mane Strips (from brown paper)
An Alternate Idea:
- Let each child assemble a lion by pasting a yellow circle to one of the paper plates, then adding on mane pieces, eyes, jowls, whiskers, a nose, and a mouth.
- If desired, you can add a tongue depressor to the back of each plate to make a puppet.
Instead of having the children make lions using paper plates, give them lollipops to decorate. (Flat, plain lollipops will work best.) Give children glue, pom poms, wiggle eyes, construction paper, markers, and stickers to make their own animal faces on the lollipops.