Alien Party Ideas
last updated 1/7/2019
If you're ready to throw your child an out of this world party then hop on a flying saucer and soar towards our Alien Party ideas! Discover a galaxy of ideas below including alien party supplies, decoration tips, food ideas, games, crafts and recipes.
Alien Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your child's Alien party:
- Black light bulbs
- Glow paint, glow sticks, and glow stars
- Toy robots and blasters
- A moon bounce
- Sci-fi movie soundtracks
- Kid-friendly alien movies such as Monsters vs. Aliens, Megamind, Wall-E, Star Wars, Ben 10: Alien Force and Planet 51.
Creative invitations will excite your guests for your child's birthday party and increase attendance. If you have the time, consider making your own invitations or browse our space-themed personalized invitations. Here are some invitation ideas that will launch your alien party into orbit!
- Cut a half circle out of construction paper, the flat side is the bottom of the invitation. Draw a horizontal stripe across the bottom. Now draw a large arch on top of the stripe in the middle. Inside the arch, glue a picture of your child. This will look like they are riding in a UFO! To create lights, draw circles along the bottom of the UFO or glue on small yellow circles. Now cut a large beam of light shaped like a light ray out of yellow paper and attach it to the back side of the invitation on the bottom of the UFO. Write your party details diagonally on the beam of light.
- Deliver a fake alien case file to your guests. In a manila folder, place a party dossier (your party details printed in a typewriter font such as Courier), a photo of the birthday child wearing an alien mask or space helmet, and a map to the party. Paperclip everything together and mail in a manila envelope.
Alien Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Turn your party location into an alien planet with the following decoration tips.
- Decorate the ceiling, walls and floor with glowing stars. Make sure the stars get plenty of light the day before the party and then turn the lights off when it's ready to begin. The whole room will glow! Also place glow sticks around the room to add to the ambience.
- Replace your light bulbs with florescent black lights. Decorate the rest of the area with neon cuts outs of stars, UFOs, aliens and comets. You can also use glow paint to decorate a table cover, plates and cups the day before the party. Everything will glow when it dries.
- Create an area of the room to designate as the "moon base." This area could have boxes to sit on, pillow cushions, beanbag chairs and a science table. On the science table, include a child-proof microscope and specimens to look at such as a strand of hair, a piece of fabric, candy, etc.
- Hang homemade flying saucers from the ceiling and star cut outs.
- Gather all your child's alien action figures, stuffed animals and robotic toys
to scatter around the room or hang from the ceiling. Alternatively, you
can purchase new toys that can be taken home as party favors.
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers or hotdogs, add some Alien themed party food into the mix. Here are some galactic suggestions.
- UFO meat: Serve hamburgers on buns and label them as "UFO meat." Serve wrapped completely in tin foil so they look like flying saucers.
- Solar System Skewers: Scoop cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon with a melon scoop. Place them on a skewer with grapes and label "Solar System Skewers."
- Star Sandwiches: Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to make star shaped sandwiches. If you decide to make grilled cheese, the stars will be yellow!
- Alien Punch: Mix together a green-colored fruit juice with lemon-lime soda. Serve with a star shaped silly straw in a tall cup.
- Rice Crispy Planets: Bake rice crispy treats according to the box and then form into balls. Roll the balls in different colored sprinkles to create tasty planets.
Alien Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for visiting your planet with some galactic alien favors such as:
- A personalized alien zipper pull with their alien names on them (their named spelled backwards)
- Wind up robots and wind-up alien toys
- Space ice cream or rock candy
- Space stickers or temporary tattoos
- Putty, sculpture foam or sticky flings
- Hi-bounce balls