If you're ready to throw your child an out of this world party then hop on a flying saucer and soar towards our Alien Party ideas! Discover a galaxy of ideas below including alien party supplies, decoration tips, food ideas, games, crafts and recipes. Shop our Alien Party Supplies Browse this guide: Alien Party Invitations Alien Party Decorations Alien Party Food Alien Party Favors Alien Party Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic Alien party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your child's Alien party:
- Black light bulbs
- Glow paint, glow sticks, and glow stars
- Toy robots and blasters
- A moon bounce
- Sci-fi movie soundtracks
- Kid-friendly alien movies such as Monsters vs. Aliens, Megamind, Wall-E, Star Wars, Ben 10: Alien Force and Planet 51.
- A pinata
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized alien party supplies with a length of curling ribbon by punching a hole in one corner of the alien invitation.
- Include a space sticker and some confetti with each alien party invitation and seal the envelope with a personalized space party sticker with party information or a fun message on it!
- Cut a half circle out of construction paper, the flat side is the bottom of the invitation. Draw a horizontal stripe across the bottom. Now draw a large arch on top of the stripe in the middle. Inside the arch, glue a picture of your child. This will look like they are riding in a UFO! To create lights, draw circles along the bottom of the UFO or glue on small yellow circles. Now cut a large beam of light shaped like a light ray out of yellow paper and attach it to the back side of the invitation on the bottom of the UFO. Write your party details diagonally on the beam of light.
- Create a top secret evidence bag from Area 51! In a medium-sized re-sealable plastic bag place a "moon rock (regular rock)," some goop in a container, and your invitation. Use sticker labels to create a red label that reads "Top Secret Alien Evidence from Area 51" and stick it on the outside of the bag. Deliver to your guests in a yellow padded envelope.
- Deliver a fake alien case file to your guests. In a manila folder, place a party dossier (your party details printed in a typewriter font such as Courier), a photo of the birthday child wearing an alien mask or space helmet, and a map to the party. Paperclip everything together and mail in a manila envelope.
- Write a poem and attach it to rock candy or a packet of space ice cream. Here's a poem you can use for your alien party invitations:
Hop in a flying saucer and zoom towards space,Look out for the balloons, and land at our moon base! We're partying with aliens, on Billy's birthday, So polish your spaceships and head out this way!
Alien Party Decoration Ideas Turn your party location into an alien planet with the following decoration tips.
- Decorate the ceiling, walls and floor with glowing stars. Make sure the stars get plenty of light the day before the party and then turn the lights off when it's ready to begin. The whole room will glow! Also place glow sticks around the room to add to the ambience.
- Replace your light bulbs with florescent black lights. Decorate the rest of the area with neon cuts outs of stars, UFOs, aliens and comets. You can also use glow paint to decorate a table cover, plates and cups the day before the party. Everything will glow when it dries.
- Create an area of the room to designate as the "moon base." This area could have boxes to sit on, pillow cushions, beanbag chairs and a science table. On the science table, include a child-proof microscope and specimens to look at such as a strand of hair, a piece of fabric, candy, etc.
- Hang homemade flying saucers from the ceiling and star cut outs.
- Gather all your child's alien action figures, stuffed animals and robotic toys to scatter around the room or hang from the ceiling. Alternatively, you can purchase new toys that can be taken home as party favors.
- UFO meat: Serve hamburgers on buns and label them as "UFO meat." Serve wrapped completely in tin foil so they look like flying saucers.
- Solar System Skewers: Scoop cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon with a melon scoop. Place them on a skewer with grapes and label "Solar System Skewers."
- Star Sandwiches: Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to make star shaped sandwiches. If you decide to make grilled cheese, the stars will be yellow!
- Alien Punch: Mix together a green-colored fruit juice with lemon-lime soda. Serve with a star shaped silly straw in a tall cup.
- Rice Crispy Planets: Bake rice crispy treats according to the box and then form into balls. Roll the balls in different colored sprinkles to create tasty planets.
- Also, see our recipe for Martian-mallows.
Party Favor IdeasAlien Party Favor Ideas Thank your guests for visiting your planet with some galactic alien favors such as:
- A personalized alien zipper pull with their alien names on them (their named spelled backwards)
- Wind up robots and wind up aliens
- Space ice cream or rock candy
- Space stickers or temporary tattoos
- Putty, sculpture foam or sticky flings
- Hi-bounce balls
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Space Alien Themed Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Space Alien Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.