Alice in Wonderland Party Ideas
You dont need to take a trip down the rabbit hole to figure out how to throw the ultimate Alice in Wonderland celebration. In this party guide youll find all of the inspiration you need for choosing the perfect invitations, decorations, food, party favors, and games for birthday and unbirthday celebrations alike. Whether youre throwing a Mad Tea Party thats sure to be attract the attention of the Hatter and the March Hare, or are preparing for a bash worthy of the Queen of Hearts herself, there are party ideas here that will appeal to fans of the iconic Lewis Carroll tale, the animated Disney film, and Tim Burtons depiction of Alice and her trip to the magical world of Wonderland. Shop allParty Supplies Browse this guide: Alice in Wonderland Invitations Alice in Wonderland Decorations Alice in Wonderland Food Alice in Wonderland Party Favors Alice in Wonderland Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
- Mis-matched tea sets, doilies, and fancy tablecloths
- Large decks of cards
- Disney's or Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland movies and music
- Long dining room tables
- Plastic jewelry like beaded necklaces, rings, and crowns
- Inflatable or silk flowers and trees
- Alice in WonderlandCostumesfor Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts
- Stuffed animals of a white rabbit, dormouse, lobster, lizard, and other animals from the Alice in Wonderland stories.
- Include a playing card along with each invitation and seal the envelope with a tea party personalized sticker.
- In addition to theparticulars of the celebration, assign each party guest a Wonderland character to dress up as, such as the Mad Hatter, Alice, the Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum, or the March Hare. At the party, you can then award a prize for the best dressed!
- Include a tea bag inside of the invites envelope.
- Decorate the card so that it looks like a playing card.
- Cut a piece of construction paper to look like a tea pot. Write the particulars of the party in the center of the cutout.
- Use creative wording like:
The Mad Hatter is coming so please mark the date. Kim's having a tea party with all of her friends, Come travel to Wonderland and don't be late, Please RSVP to the Queen so you can attend!Pressed for time but still looking for invites with a personalized touch? You can find a variety of personalized invitations that will tie in perfectly to your theme, such as:
Alice in Wonderland Decorations From creating an elegant affair that would impress the Red Queen to setting the scene for a mad tea party where things will be sure to get stirred up, you can decorate for your Alice in Wonderland party in a variety of ways. Consider the following options to make your Alice in Wonderland party stand out:
- An archway constructed out of balloons will create a gateway into your Wonderland tea party. Gather solidly colored latex balloons with Mylar themed balloons and tie them down with top hat balloon weights.
- Use sidewalk chalk to draw giant letters on the driveway spelling out "This Way to Wonderland" and add an arrow pointing to your yard.
- Set the table with colorful plates, napkins and a real cup and saucer for each guest. Mismatched cups work well for this party theme, and you may be able to find them at yard sales or thrift shops.
- For table decorations, use teapots filled with lots of big flowers.
- Make signs that say "This Way" and "That Way" and "Other Way" with arrows pointing in different directions.
- Make your own garland from oversized playing cards and big red tissue paper flowers. Or pick up some funcrepe paper streamersto hang around the party area.
- Add small tags that say "Drink Me" to the tea cup handles.
- Hang paper lanterns over the table.
- Use pink lawn flamingos, white rabbit stuffed animals and croquet mallets as decorations.
- Set crazy hats at each place setting that read "in this style 10/6."
- Use pretty trays and tiered plate stands.
- Serve finger sandwiches with the crusts removed. Children may like jam, thinly sliced cucumber, cheese, or ham for the sandwich fillings.
- Offer tea and lemonade served from teapots.
- Opt for finger foods like mini-muffins, pretzels and grapes.
- Take sugarcookies and customize them by addingthe words "Eat Me" to each usingfrosting.
- Make the birthday cake in the shape of a heart, in honor ofthe Queen of Hearts. Or make a traditional cake with pink frosting like the one in the original Alice in Wonderland story. One more option is to serve cupcakes instead of a cake and, like on the cookies, use frosting to add the words "Eat Me" to each.
Party Favor IdeasAlice in Wonderland Party Favors Send your guests home from Wonderland with a variety of fancy and fun Alice in Wonderland favors.
- Beaded necklaces
- White gloves
- Mad Hatter themed hats
- Tea bags
- Playing cards
- Copies ofAlice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Buttons, stickers, and other customizable favors
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Alice in Wonderland Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Alice in Wonderland Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.