Airplane Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
If your child is wild about airplanes and fighter jets, then it's time for an airplane birthday party! Get ready for some just "plane" fun with these great airplane party decorating, food, game, and activity ideas.
Airplane Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic Planes party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Airplane party:
- Toy airplanes, jets and helicopters
- Pilot glasses, jackets and hats
- Toy flight badges
- Paper Airplanes
- A flight simulator video game
- Parachute toy army men
- Attach a small airplane toy, or personalized army party supplies to a card-style invitation with curling ribbon.
- Seal your airplane party invitations with a personalized sticker that has all your party details.
- Fold a paper airplane from colored paper. Unfold it, and write the party information in the open spaces without a fold line. Then refold
the paper airplane and mail in a large envelope.
Airplane Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Consider the following decorating ideas to create an airport atmosphere for your party. Try just a few ideas, or go all out!
- Use any toy airplanes your child already owns to decorate! Group them together in the middle of the table as if they are ready to take off.
- Make extra-large paper airplanes from large sheets of construction paper and hang them from the ceiling.
- Create "clouds" by tying together eight white balloons, and hanging them from the ceiling among the paper airplanes.
- Make a sign saying "Check Your Bags Here" for the coat closet or gift table.
- Make fun signs saying "Welcome Aboard", "Pilots and Passengers Only", "Boarding Area", "Just Plane Fun", and "Up, Up and Away". Hang them on your front door and on the walls around the party space.
When it comes to food, party goers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve up some more interesting treats, consider these ideas:
- Cut airplane shapes from construction paper to use as place cards or placemats for the table.
- Fill trays with miniature bags of food that might be served on a flight, such as pretzels, mini cookies, peanuts, and crackers.
- Serve sandwiches cut with an airplane cookie cutter. Rice cereal treats and brownies can also be served in this shape.
- Prepare edible airplanes children will love! Cut a banana in half lengthwise and place one half, cut side up, on a plate. Spread the cut side with peanut butter. Press a full graham-cracker rectangle into place for each wing and a quarter rectangle for the horizontal part of the tail. Then place the other banana half on top. Next, cut a slit at the tail end of the top half, and push a graham cracker rudder piece in place to complete the tail. Add raisin windows with a little dab of peanut butter.
- Place a "Drink Cart" sign next to the cold drinks, such as small
bottles of water, half-cans of soft drinks, or milk cartons. Serve the
drinks with silly straws.
Airplane Party Favor Ideas
Send your party guests back down the runway with a variety of airplane themed favors such as:
- Toy airplanes
- Airplane stickers
- Paper airplanes
- Pilot sunglasses
- Make small labels that say "Thanks for flying with us!" and tie one to each favor bag. Stack the bags on a small table near the party exit, and post a sign that says "Baggage Claim". Whichever favors you choose, your guests are sure to fly home feeling like real pilots!