Adventure Party Ideas
Created on June 14, 2016
Host an Adventure Party for your next celebration! An Adventure Birthday Party with lots of outdoor games is popular with kids of all ages. Our planning guide has adventure party ideas for invitations, decorations, party games, and more!
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
- A trampoline
- A tent or treehouse
- Adventure movies and soundtracks such as Indiana Jones, Journey to the Center of the Earth or Pirates of Caribbean
- An obstacle course or swing set
- Toy telescopes
- Safari animal toys
- Safari hats
Adventure Party Invitations
- Create a card-style invitation and attach it to one of our adventure personalized party supplies such as a personalized bag tag. Punch a hole in one corner of the invitation and attach it to your chosen personalized item with curling ribbon.
- Seal your invitation envelopes with a personalized sticker that matches your adventure party theme.
- Send your adventure party guests an invitation in a bottle.
- Draw a map of your neighborhood that includes an X to mark the spot of the party. Also, include all the party information. Scan the map so you can print copies from a computer. Print the map on a cream-colored sheet of paper and then make it look old by staining it with tea. Roll the map into a tube, tie with a red ribbon and deliver to your guests.
- Include a toy compass or small binoculars with your invitation. Then write a fun rhyme such as:
We'll follow a map in search of a treasure chest! So grab your hat, your compass and boots, Tyler's birthday party is sure to be a hoot! If you'd rather not make invitations, see our selection of Personalized Invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Adventure Party Decorations
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome to [child's name]'s Birthday Adventure." Take a look at our personalized banners for inspiration!
- Hang green crepe paper streamers from the ceiling and attach plastic parachute men to them. Then create a door curtain that the children can walk throughout the streamers.
- Hide items like candy or small toys around the party area or in the grass. Then give each child a hand-drawn map that shows where they will find the treasure!
- Use plastic snakes, lizards and bugs to decorate the food table.
- Play music from an adventure movie like Indiana Jones.
- Cover your tables with checkered tablecloths, and use bandanas as napkins.
- If your party is outside, decorate a swing set or jungle gym with streamers, silk plants and flowers.
Adventure Party Food Ideas
- Serve food on metal pie plates, as if the kids are eating around a campfire.
- Grill hot dogs and hamburgers. Label the hotdogs "snakes on a bun" and the hamburgers "adventure meat."
- Serve drinks in canteen shaped cups.
- Serve dirt cups, gummy bugs or ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins).
- If the weather is cool, collect sticks from your yard and roast marshmallows over a campfire.
- Create an adventure ship cake using a ship cake pan. For an extra touch, add adventurer figurines to your ship's rigging.
Adventure Cake Idea
- The four square cakes will need to be stacked on top of each other. Each cake should be about one inch smaller than the one below it. So, you may have to carve off an inch from one cake, two inches from another and three inches from the cake that will go on top.
- Stack the cakes on top of each other from largest to smallest. Then cover the whole cake with buttercream frosting. Use several drops of yellow food coloring to tint the frosting. It should be a sandy color.
- Use graham cracker rectangles to make stairs that go down the middle of the cake tiers.
- Crush about 1 cup of graham crackers and sprinkle them lightly around the cake. This will look like the sand has some grain.
- Place a small adventure hero (such as Indiana Jones) on top of the cake.
- Place the birthday candles on the corners of each tier of the cake and serve! If you'd like, you can write "Have an Adventurous Birthday, [child's name]" on the cake.
Party Favor Ideas
Adventure Party Favors
- Clip-on compasses
- Toy telescopes
- Granola bars, fruit snacks or packaged cookies
- Fun shaped flashlights
- A complete adventure party favor set
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.