Abby Cadabby Party ideas
Who is that sweet new girl on Sesame Street, with the pretty pink wings and pretty pink feet? It's Abby Cadabby! If your little girl is a fan, throw her a party with our Abby Cadabby Party Ideas. We offer suggestions for everything from invitations to party favors that are sure to leave your party guests feeling magical! Shop all our Sesame Street Party Supplies Browse this guide: Abby Cadabby Invitations Abby Cadabby Decorations Abby Cadabby Food Abby Cadabby Party Favors Abby Cadabby Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? You may want to rent or purchase other items to fit your theme, such as:
- Episodes of Sesame Street featuring Abby Cadabby that you can show to your guests.
- Book of magic tricks
- Fairy Wands & Fairy Wings for each guest .
- An Abby Cadabby or fairy princess cake pan
- A tiara pinata or flower pinata
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized sesame street party supplies with curling ribbon. Simply punch a hole in one corner of the invitation, thread the ribbon through it and tie on your chosen party item.
- Seal your Abby Cadabby party invitations with a personalized princess sticker or include fairy stickers inside the envelope.
- Fold a piece of cardstock in half to create a top-fold card. Take a photo of your little girl in her fairy outfit and paste it to the front of the card. Paste a photo or sticker of Abby Cadabby next to the picture. Write all your party details inside.
- Cut out a photo of Abby Cadabby and paste it on a piece of cardstock. Add a line of glue that circles from Abby's wand around the invitation. Sprinkle the glue with glitter. Write your party details inside the glittery circle.
- Cut out the shape of the number of years your child is turning. Within the lines, write "The number of the day is... [age]! That is how old [child's name] will be on [birthday]! Won't you come celebrate?" Write your party details on the back.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and attach it to a fairy wand that your guests can bring with them to the party. Mail your invitations in padded envelopes.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
The newest girl on Sesame StreetIs planning a party for somebody sweet!Join Abby Cadabby for cake, games and fun,As she makes Stacey's 4th birthday a great one!
Abby Cadabby Party Decorations Including decorations that fit your Abby Cadabby theme is a fun way to keep the party moving. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Balloons are a must at any party! Group together three to five helium balloons and anchor them with balloon weights around the party area. Add Abby Cadabby Mylar balloons to some of your balloon groups for added fun.
- Cut large hearts and butterfly shapes out of pastel-colored butcher paper and hang them on the walls of the party area.
- Make flower balloons by attaching four colored balloons around a yellow balloon. Hang these from the ceiling or attach them to the backs of chairs.
- Hang a banner that reads "This Party is So Magical!"
- Give each child a pair of Abby Cadabby wings to wear as they arrive to the party.
- Cut a street sign out of green butcher paper and write "Sesame Street" on it. Hang it on one wall of the party area..
- Sprinkle glitter and sparkly confetti on all flat surfaces, such as tables and windowsills.
- Serve edible fairy wands by cutting traditional rice cereal treats in star shapes with a cookie cutter. Then, insert a large pretzel rod 1/4 of an inch into each for the wand's handle.
- Fill a clear glass with Pixie Stix candy and allow the children to sprinkle "fairy dust" over their food.
- Make Strawberry Roll-Ups by spreading a thick layer of strawberry cream cheese on a plain flour tortilla. Roll the tortilla tightly and cut into bit-sized pieces. Stick a toothpick through the snacks to keep them securely rolled up.
- Make fairy floats by adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream or rainbow sherbet to a glass of pink lemonade. Serve with silly straws.
- Serve a magic potion! Freeze cranberry and grape juice in ice cube trays before the party. Serve a colorless soda at the party, such as ginger ale or lemon-lime. Let your guests select their ice cubes, which will "magically" change the color of their drinks.
- For an Abby Cadabby party cake, simply use our crown cake pan or star cake pan and frost it with pink icing.
- If you would rather not serve cake, consider serving individual cupcakes on a pink cupcake stand instead. Frost your favorite cupcakes in white frosting and add pink sugar or sprinkles on top. Add an Abby Cadabby toy, fairy cake topper, or a star-shaped candy to the top of each cupcake.