For both of these recipes you will need a fondue pot. Each recipe will fill one pot.
Cheese Fondue Ingredients:
Cheese Fondue Directions:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 7-ounces of Gruyere cheese, cut into cubes
- 7-ounces of sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 7-ounces of Emmentaler cheese, cut into cubes
- Small pieces of French bread for dipping
Chocolate Fondue Ingredients:
- In a medium saucepan on low heat melt the butter.
- Whisk in the flour and then cook for 5 minutes but continue to stir the mixture so it doesn't burn.
- Slowly add the cubes of all three cheeses to the pan.
- Stir until the cheese is well melted.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a fondue pot and then keep it warm over low heat.
- Serve by letting your guests dip pieces of French bread into the cheese.
Chocolate Fondue Directions:
- A 16-ounce can of chocolate-flavored syrup
- A 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Fruit, cookies, pound cake cubes or pretzel rods for dipping
Did You Like These Recipes?
- In a medium saucepan heat the chocolate syrup, condensed milk and salt over medium heat.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until you see the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate mix into a fondue pot and then keep it warm over low heat.
- Serve with fresh fruit, pound cake, cookies or pretzel rods.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!