4th of July Party Ideas
Filled with fireworks and fun, the 4th of July is always an explosive celebration! If you are planning a party to celebrate Independence Day then read on for our 4th of July Party Ideas.
4th of July Party Planning & Invitations
In addition to basic celebration party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your 4th of July party:
- Party poppers
- Beach balls
- Uncle Sam top hats
- A moon bounce
- A barbeque grill
- Glow sticks
If you would are looking for convenient invitations with a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations that you can fill in yourself. Unique, homemade invitations can really get you in the party mood! If you have the time, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Draw the stars and stripes of the flag on a square piece of white card stock. Use glitter glue to fill in the stars. Write your party details on the back.
- Cut a star out of gold or silver card stock. Write your party details on the front and attach your card-style invitation to one of our barbeque or summer personalized favors with some curling ribbon and hand-deliver them to your guests.
- On a piece of blue cardstock, use stickers to create a fireworks display. Write your party details underneath.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and attach it to a party popper. Hand deliver your invitations to your guests.
- Take a photo of your child in an Uncle Sam costume and print it on the front of a side-fold card. Above the picture, write "[child's name] Wants You!" and underneath the picture, write "To come to our 4th of July Party!" Write your party details inside.
4th of July Party Decorating & Food Ideas
Dress up your party area with stars and stripes! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use red, white and blue for your basic decorations, like streamers, balloons, and solid-colored partyware.
- Drape strips of streamers from one side of the ceiling to the other, alternating red, white and blue. This will create a fun canopy atmosphere at your 4th of July party.
- Group together three helium balloons (red, white, and blue) and anchor them with balloon weights around the party area. Add some fun Star Mylar balloons to some of your balloon groups for added effect.
- Cut large stars out of cardboard and cover them with gold and silver foil. Hang them on the walls of the party area. For added fun, write one guest's name on each of the stars.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area. Take a look at our Personalized Summer Banners and let us do the work for you.
- Set out beach towels as places for your guests to sit and relax.
- Place a few inflatable beach balls around the party area that can serve as decorations as well a fun activity.
- Hang a Summer Pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
Light and delicious summer treats are a great option for a 4th of July party. You can incorporate the stars and stripes theme into your food choices as well. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make star-shaped sugar cookies and finger sandwiches by using a star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Serve a veggie tray using only red and white veggies, like radishes, tomatoes, red peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, and jicama.
- Serve chunky tomato salsa with blue and white corn chips.
- Serve pineapple juice, tropical punch, ginger ale, and water with silly straws.
- Make a plate of Red Delicious apples, brie cheese, and blueberries.
- Make popcorn balls! Add a little food coloring to the mix to create red and blue versions.
- For a 4th of July cake, make a cake in the shape of a flag. Frost a 9" x 13" cake in white or cream cheese frosting. Use blueberries for the stars and strawberries for the stripes. Or, simply use our Star Cake Pan.
- Individual cupcakes can sometimes be more manageable than a full cake. To make 4th of July cupcakes, start by baking your favorite recipe and frosting each cupcake in white frosting. Then, decorate with a flag on top. Use mini blue M&M candies for the stars and red licorice rope for the stripes.
4th of July Party Favor Ideas
Send guests home happy with party favors such as:
- Stickers and pencils
- Small toys like disc launchers, poppers and wind-up toys
- Silly straws
- Personalized zipper pulls or bookmarks
- Personalized lollipops and other candy or snacks