4th of July Party Ideas
Filled with fireworks and fun, the 4th of July is always an explosive celebration! If you are planning a party to celebrate Independence Day then read on for our 4th of July Party Ideas. We include suggestions for invitations, decorations, food, party favors and games & activities. 4th of July Invitations 4th of July Decorations 4th of July Food 4th of July Party Favors 4th of July Games & Activities
Planning & InvitationsWhat Do I Need For the Party? In addition to basic celebration party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your 4th of July party:
- Party poppers
- Beach balls
- Uncle Sam top hats
- A moon bounce
- A barbeque grill
- Glow sticks
- Draw the stars and stripes of the flag on a square piece of white cardstock. Use glitter glue to fill in the stars. Write your party details on the back.
- Cut a star out of gold or silver cardstock. Write your party details on the front and attach your card-style invitation to one of our barbeque or summer personalized favors with some curling ribbon and hand-deliver them to your guests.
- On a piece of blue cardstock, use stickers to create a fireworks display. Write your party details underneath.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation, and attach it to a party popper. Hand deliver your invitations to your guests.
- Take a photo of your child in an Uncle Sam costume and print it on the front of a side-fold card. Above the picture, write "[child's name] Wants You!" and underneath the picture, write "To come to our 4th of July Party!" Write your party details inside.
- Use red, white and blue for your basic decorations, like streamers, balloons, and solid-colored partyware.
- Drape strips of streamers from one side of the ceiling to the other, alternating red, white and blue. This will create a fun canopy atmosphere at your 4th of July party.
- Group together three helium balloons (red, white, and blue) and anchor them with balloon weights around the party area. Add some fun Star Mylar balloons to some of your balloon groups for added effect.
- Cut large stars out of cardboard and cover them with gold and silver foil. Hang them on the walls of the party area. For added fun, write one guest's name on each of the stars.
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area. Take a look at our Personalized Summer Banners and let us do the work for you.
- Set out beach towels as places for your guests to sit and relax.
- Place a few inflatable beach balls around the party area that can serve as decorations as well a fun activity.
- Hang a Summer Pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
- Make star-shaped sugar cookies and finger sandwiches by using a star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Serve a veggie tray using only red and white veggies, like radishes, tomatoes, red peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, and jicama.
- Serve chunky tomato salsa with blue and white corn chips.
- Serve pineapple juice, tropical punch, ginger ale, and water with silly straws.
- Make a plate of Red Delicious apples, brie cheese, and blueberries.
- Make popcorn balls! Add a little food coloring to the mix to create red and blue versions.
- For a 4th of July cake, make a cake in the shape of a flag. Frost a 9" x 13" cake in white or cream cheese frosting. Use blueberries for the stars and strawberries for the stripes. Or, simply use our Star Cake Pan.
- Individual cupcakes can sometimes be more manageable than a full cake. To make 4th of July cupcakes, start by baking your favorite recipe and frosting each cupcake in white frosting. Then, decorate with a flag on top. Use mini blue M&M candies for the stars and red licorice rope for the stripes.
Party Favor Ideas4th of July Party Favors Send guests home happy with party favors such as:
- Stickers and pencils
- Small toys like disc launchers, poppers and wind-up toys
- Silly straws
- Personalized zipper pulls or bookmarks
- Personalized lollipops and other candy or snacks
Party Planning ToolboxUse the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Summer Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.