30th Birthday Party Ideas
Hitting the big 3-0 is a great event, we have great ideas for your big milestone birthday! Our 30th birthday milestone party guide includes tips on invitations, Over the Hill decorations, milestone birthday games, and thirtieth birthday food and favor ideas. Follow our milestone party ideas, tips and tricks for a great 30th birthday!
30th Birthday Party Invitation Ideas
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our number 30 invitations and personalized stationery which can be printed to include your name and all of the party details! For a unique touch, you can make your own milestone invitations. Here are some thirty birthday invitation ideas for your upcoming party:
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized favor such as a bag tag or zipper pull.
- Include stickers with your invitations. Seal the envelopes with a personalized return address label from one of our available styles.
- Cut out a number 30 on card stock to create a milestone invite. Decorate your invitation with rhinestones, stickers, and other craft items.
- Ten Year Milestones: In your invitations, ask guests to come with pictures of the guest of honor, memories they have together or other fun things that show how much the birthday boy or girl has grown! Collect pictures and ideas in a scrapbook at the party and then update it every ten years.
- Over the Hill: Cut out a tombstone from construction paper or draw a cane and walker on a card-style invitation to poke fun at how old your guest of honor is turning. Cut out a card in the shape of a hill and write the party details inside.
30th Birthday Party Decoration Ideas
The right decorations can make all the difference at your milestone
party! Pick decorations that fit the age and attitude of your party. Use
Number 30 Party Decorations for a fabulous milestone party. Find more
great milestone decoration ideas below:
- Number 30 Decor: The number thirty can be inspiration for tons of party decorations. Set up your decor in sets of thirty for a fun look. Clear containers with 309 gumballs, trays with 30 cupcakes, or other sets of multiples will fit your milestone birthday theme.
- Over the Hill: Get a cardboard cutout of a hill and a tombstone for an Over the Hill party. Decorate with walkers, canes and other playfully geriatric-themed decorations and let your guests take pictures with the props.
- Cut out a large number 30 poster to fit your thirty-year milestone. You can have guests sign a special message to the birthday boy or girl. Your DIY poster makes a fun alternative to a guestbook!
- Group sets of balloons that match your milestone theme around the party area. Include a few Mylar balloons for a touch of fun to your decorations!
30th Birthday Party Food Ideas
In addition to basic party foods like chips and soda, you can add some Milestone themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Serve Jazzed Up Juice with a silly straw for fun!
- Serve snacks in multiples of thirty. 30 cupcakes, 30 pizza bagels, etc.
- Finger sandwiches and tea cakes can create a more sophisticated style. Now that you are turning thirty, you can host a more elegant event!
- Serve up a blast from the past with some of your favorite foods growing up. 1980s snacks like razzles, Jell-O pudding pops, and Lunchables will bring a sense of nostalgia to your event.
30th Birthday Party Favors
Remember to pick favors that are age-appropriate for all your guests. Depending on your number 30 theme, you can provide anything from toy favors to personalized party accessories. Give your guests a treat with some of our great milestone favor ideas:
- DVDs of footage from your milestone party
- Silly cocktail straws
- CDs or online music gift cards of the top songs from the year the birthday boy or girl was born
- Over the Hill novelty favors
- Fun stationery