Your little mutant and his friends will love our X-Men Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great X-Men-themed decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Shop our Superhero Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Superhero party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your X-Men party:
- Capes and masks or X-Men costumes
- X-Men cartoons or movies
- X-Men comic books
- X-Men video games
- Found object to make costume accessories with such as googles, boots, string, foil, and paper plates
- A pinata
Get your guests excited for your child’s X-Men party with first class invitations. Here are some invitation ideas that your child can help you create.
- Cut a round circle out of black paper. Then paste a slightly smaller red circle on top of the black circle. Finally, place a black X on top of the red circle in the center. Now that you’ve made an X-Men logo, you can write your party details on the back of each one in metallic ink and then mail to each guest. If you’d like, can make the invitation read “X Marks the Spot” too!
- You can buy a standard invitation and then include a mask, X-Men comic or small action figure with each one.
- Make the invitation look like a letter from Professor Xavier. Here’s an example of the party details you can include in the letter along with some template text.
Arrive on the grounds at 1pm at 1234 Mutant Avenue on May 8, 2012.
Your are cordially invited to attend Logan’s birthday at Charles Xavier’s School for Gifted Children.
Arrive in costume please and come prepared to eat a light lunch.
Don’t be a Juggernaut, RSVP to Logan’s mom at 410-555-1234
- Hang or float bunches of bright blue, red, and yellow balloons, interspersed with a few black and/or dark blue ones for contrast.
- Twist together streamers in the same color scheme as the balloons, and hang them along the walls and doorway(s) in the party area. For a fun touch, hang long strips of streamers in a row across the main entryway to the party area, creating a curtain for your guests to pass through as they come and go.
- Find magazines or online photos featuring an X-Men movie, cut out pictures of the characters, and tape the pictures around the party area.
- Place a few X-Men comic books around the party area for guests to flip through in between activities or as they eat. (These double as great party favors for everyone to take home later.)
- As the children arrive, assign each a mutant name and power. Use face paint to create mutant features and other designs that represent each child’s powers. (Adults can paint designs on younger children and older children can paint their own.) For instance, one girl could be Storm, who has the power to control weather; her face paint design could include a lightning bolt. Another child could be Wolverine, who has heightened senses, the ability to heal rapidly, and metal alloy claws for hand-to-hand combat; his face paint design could include Wolverine’s characteristic brown sideburns, and his fingers could be painted gray to represent claws. For more mutant ideas, see the X-Men Masks and Name That Mutant activity pages.
In addition to common snack food, you can add some X-Men themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions that are based around popular X-Men characters.
- X-Men Burgers: Serve hamburgers open face and draw an X-Men logo with ketchup on top of each patty.
- Phoenix’s Wings: Serve chicken fingers or buffalo wings and label them Phoenix’s Wings.
- Mutant Pizza: Set up a food station where the children can make their own pizzas. You can use English muffins or small balls of dough for the crust and then provide a variety of toppings.
- Storm’s Salad: Serve tossed salad and label it Storm’s Salad.
- Wolverine’s Claws: Poke three thin pretzel sticks into the top of a large marshmallow to create a tasty snack that resembles Wolverine’s claws. You can also provide chocolate sauce for dipping.
- Ice Man Ice Cream: Serve a variety of ice cream and toppings and label it Ice Man’s Ice Cream on the party table.
X-Men Logo Cake Idea
Use our image below to help you create an X-Men logo cake. If you have X-Men action figures around the house, wash them off and then place them around the perimeter of the circle.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with heroic party favors! To find a large variety of Superhero party favors, visit our Superhero Fun party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Superhero rubber ducks
- Superhero capes
- Disc launchers
- Temporary tattoos and stickers
- Coloring activities
- Fun shaped candy and lollipops
- Personalized superhero stickers, zipper pulls, buttons and magnets
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Superhero Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Superhero Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
In this game of tag, the evil mutants have to avoid being frozen by Iceman.
Can the Mutants steal the source of the “Cure” without getting stopped by the X-Men?
Your little X-Men will love this battle against evil mutant balloons.
Storm needs the X-Men’s help to gather water to use to defend the source of the “Cure.”
Let your guests design masks to represent their favorite mutants.
See who can guess the correct mutant based on a description of their powers.