Pooh Party Ideas
Do the antics of Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger make your little one giggle with glee? If so, throw him or her a party worthy of The 100 Acre Wood with our Pooh Party Ideas!
Shop our Winnie the Pooh Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Winnie the Pooh Invitations
Winnie the Pooh Decorations
Winnie the Pooh Food
Winnie the Pooh Party Favors
Winnie the Pooh Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
Choosing a location for your Pooh Party is a first priority. Throwing a party at your own home can be a lot of fun, since you can get creative with decorations and activities that fit your theme. If you would rather hold the party elsewhere, consider a local park, nature center, or zoo. For additional ideas, see our When & Where to Have the Party article.
What Do I Need For the Party?
Basic party supplies include paper tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery, a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons. To help you get organized, we have created a Suggested Party Supply List
that you can refer to while shopping.
You can stick with the basics, or add other items to fit your theme. For a Pooh Party, you may also want to consider renting or purchasing the following:
- Pooh Party Ears
- Teapot and Tea Cups
- Jars of Honey
- A Pooh-Themed Movie (i.e. "Winnie the Pooh," "My Friends Tigger & Pooh: Friendly Tails," or "Pooh's Heffalump Movie")
For additional party planning tips, our Party Planning 101 Guide
includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and more.
Winnie the Pooh 1st Birthday Party Ideas
A Winnie the Pooh party theme is tons of fun for all ages. There are a few simple steps you can take to create a Winnie the Pooh First Birthday Party
appropriate for babies and toddlers.
Pooh Party Invitations
If you have the time, it can be fun to create your own invitations that fit your theme! This is also a great way to give your guests a sneak peak of the fun that will be had at your party. Here are some suggestions for Winnie the Pooh Party invitations
- Cut the shape of a jar of honey out of yellow construction paper. In gold pen, write "Our Honey, [birthday child's name], is Turning [age]!" on the front. Write the party details on the back.
- Print out a picture of Pooh, Tigger, Roo, Piglet, and all of the friends at 100 Acre Woods and paste it to the bottom of a section of cardstock. Write the party details above the picture. Run a glue stick around the outside of the paper and sprinkle with yellow glitter.
- Cut out the shape of a big tree to resemble the Funny Hunny Tree. Write the party details on the tree trunk and surround the base with stickers of all the Pooh characters.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Pooh favor, a small jar of honey or a stuffed toy of one of the Pooh characters and hand-deliver your invitations to your guests.
- Seal your Pooh invitations with a personalized Pooh sticker printed with your party information or a fun message.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, too,
Are throwing a party and inviting you!
Join them in celebrating Riley's big day,
With cake and crafts and games to play!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Pooh Party Decorations
Decorations that match your theme makes a party even more fun and exciting, so for a Pooh Party, transform your party space into the 100 Acre Woods!
Pooh Party Food Ideas
- Hang a banner over the entry way into the party area that says, "Welcome to the 100 Acre Wood! Winnie the Pooh and [birthday child] Welcome You!" To save time, check out our selection of personalized banners, which can be personalized with your party info or a fun message.
- Cut large trees out of brown and green construction paper and paste them to the walls of the party area. For added effect, write the name of one guest on each tree to make each of your child's friends feel special.
- Tie groups of 4 or 5 blue balloons tightly together and let them float on the ceiling to resemble clouds.
- Cut out the shape of bees and butterflies out of construction paper and draw on the details with felt-tip markers. Hang these from the ceiling using fishing line.
- Balloons are a must-have at any party! Tie groups of pastel-colored balloons together and anchor the clusters with balloon weights. Set them around the party area. For added effect, add a Winnie the Pooh balloon to the groups.
- Buy a large clay pot from your local craft store and paint it brown. Add yellow paint to the top to resemble honey and use this "honey pot" as a centerpiece. Fill it with flowers, or attach a few balloons to rim.
- Set out Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and other stuffed animals that your child already owns. Group them together and set them on chairs, couches or other places throughout the party space.
- Hang a bee pinata or Pooh pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember that any pinata can be converted to a pull-string with our easy instructions.
Serving food that fits your theme can be a fun way to keep the party exciting! If you have the time to make some Pooh-themed treats, consider these ideas:
- Serve cream soda with silly straws and label it "honey dew".
- Pooh loves honey, so serve honey sticks, Honey Nut Cheerios, honey roasted nuts, and Bit-O-Honey candy bars.
- Make a veggie tray full of carrots, baby corn, snap peas, celery, and cherry tomatoes and mark it with a sign that says, "From Rabbit's Garden".
- Lay out blue licorace whips and label them "Eeyore Tails".
- Serve "piglets in a blanket" by baking hot dogs in crescent roll dough.
- Serve Teddy Bear Grahams.
- Use Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore cookie cutters to cut out shapes in cheese, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and cookies.
- Make a Winnie the Pooh cake by baking a round cake and setting two cupcakes at the top for ears. Frost everything in yellow frosting and use black decorator icing to draw on the details.
Party Favor Ideas
Ideas for Pooh Party Favors
Party favors are a nice ending to a special party. Send your guests home with a smile with party favors that fit your theme, such as a Winnie the Pooh DVD, a basket of honey-flavored treats, or a stuffed Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, or Eeyore doll.
Or, consider one of our Pooh Party Favor Sets
, which come with everything you need, including a matching favor bag! Our personalized Pooh favors
are also a popular choice. Choose from bag tags, stickers, magnets, and buttons - all personalized with your guests' names or a message from you.
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides
to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The Winnie the Pooh name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney and based on the "Winnie the Pooh" works by A.A. Milne and E.H. Shepard. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney.
Games and Activities
Your guests will have fun bouncing their way to the finish line!
How many clues will it take for your guests to guess the right character?
This is a Pooh-themed take on the popular game of Where's Waldo.
How many gummy bears can you get into the honey pot?
Who will get closest to the exact number of bees in the jar?
Partygoers will test their aim in this exciting egg toss game.
Print out copies of our coloring page and let your guests decorate them.