Twin Party Ideas
With our twin birthday party ideas, your twins' party is sure to be double the fun, not double the work! Whether you're looking for ideas for twins' party invitations, suggestions for party favors, food and decorating ideas, or twin party activities, you're sure to find helpful tips for planning your twins' birthday party here.
While your twins are double the fun, remember that they are individuals with completely unique personalities. Read on for ideas on how to make their next birthday special for both of them, as well as for answers to your twin birthday party questions!
Browse this guide:
Ideas for Twins Party Themes
Twin Party Food Ideas
Gifts for Twins
Twin Party Games & Activities
Shop for Twins First Birthday Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For my Twin Party?
Hosting a twin party often means twice as many guests. Depending on your budget and the size of the party area, you may decide to limit how many friends each child can invite. If your children have a lot of friends, you may want to have a separate dinner or gathering for family members. Also, it's a good idea to have one adult helper for every eight children so you don't get overwhelmed. These helpers should be prepared to assist with any party games or craft projects at your twins' party.
Twin Party Invitations
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our personalized twin invitations, which will include your child's name and all of the party details.
You can also get creative with your own homemade twin party invitations. Here are some of our suggestions for your twin birthday bash.
Blowing Out the Candles
- For a first twin birthday, include their hand or footprints on the front of the invitation along with how big your twins were and what time they were born. On the inside of the card, include the party information along with the words "Join us for double the fun when we turn 1!"
- Choose from our selection of personalized invitations and coordinate the invite with the party's theme. These invitations are sold individually and therefore you can order as many as you'd like. If you have two themes use two different invites!
- We offer fill-in-the-blank invitations for a large variety of themes. If your children are old enough to write, have them fill in the party information and decorate the inside of the cards!
- Include hand drawn pictures from both twins in each envelope.
- Include the recipe for our Double Trouble Dessert with the invitation.
Make blowing out the candles a fun activity for your twins and a special moment they can share.
Twin Party Food Ideas
- Before your twin party party, ask your twins to discuss together a birthday wish they want to share (i.e. "We wish for happiness."). They don't have to tell anyone their wish, not even you! When it's time to blow out the candles they get to make their secret wish together (but not out loud). This will create a special moment and memory for your twins.
- Another option is to get two small cakes instead of one big cake for your twins. Each cake can match their chosen party theme. When it's time to blow out the candles, let them participate together.
- Serve cupcakes decorated to match your twin party theme and present each twin with a cupcake and candle to blow out. Consider using our cupcake accessories to jazz up your treats!
- If you have one birthday cake, put trick candles on the cake and have the twins take turns trying to blow them out!
Celebrate twins with some fun twin party themed snacks.
Money Saving Tips
- Double up regular party foods to make twin party sized servings. Make a twin cheese platter by putting two cheese cubes or two grapes on toothpicks.
- Serve twin party themed foods like double-decker sandwiches, Double Stuff Oreos, double layered Jello cups, and double chocolate chip cookies. You can also serve special "Twin"kies by writing your twins' names in icing on Twinkies.
- Have a smaller party and ask each child to invite only two or three friends. Then take everyone somewhere special like a movie, local sports game or arcade.
- Bake your own food to save the cost of delivery.
- Make the party potluck and ask guests to bring a dish.
- Party guests can help you by creating their own English muffin pizza then baking and decorating sugar cookies. These are fun activities that also feed your guests!
- Consider having your party at a free venue such as a park or community pool. Then, have a barbeque or picnic.
- For more money saving tips, check out our guides in the Party Planning Toolbox below.
Party Favor Ideas
Twin Party Favor Ideas
It's a good idea to pick favors that match the theme of your twins' birthday party. We have a wide selection of themed >birthday party favors
to match any twin party. However, if you're looking to play up the twin aspect, we've thought of a few favor ideas just for a twin party!
Party Theme Ideas
Twin Party Theme Ideas
Your twins are unique and have their own personalities. However, if your twins are sharing a birthday party you may consider a theme idea they both like. You can use two different themes that complement each other or one theme that suits both. Use the outline below to get some ideas for twin boys, twin girls or both genders. Click on any of the listed theme ideas to see their matching party guide. Use the party guides for game ideas, decorating tips and more!
Twin Party Theme Ideas for Both Genders
Twin Party Theme Ideas for Boys
Twin Party Theme Ideas for Girls
Additionally, here are some themes that both your children may like, regardless of gender or personality.
What About Gifts for Twins?
Often, twins are separated into different classes in school and, as a result, have different friends. While your twins might be used to sharing, they probably aren't keen on sharing their birthday presents. It is tricky for guests and their parents to know whether to buy a gift for both twins or only the twin their child knows. It's a good idea to let guests know whether your twins would like separate gifts or gifts they can share. Of course, gifts are always optional but be prepared for parents to ask.
Here are some more tips on buying or creating gifts for twins.
- If the twins are toddlers (under 3 years) they are young enough to share presents. Practical gifts, such as gift cards, essentials like diapers, gently used clothes and small toys are a wonderful idea. Let your guests know if your toddlers are in need of any particular items.
- Start a photo album for each twin on their first birthday. Take a photo of your twins with each party guest. Be sure to have two copies of the photo if your twins pose together. Then add the photos to each album. Do this every year at their birthday so they can remember who was there to celebrate. Each child will have their own album as a keepsake over the years - a very sentimental gift!
- Ask guests to make a donation to a local charity instead of bringing presents to your twin party.
- If the twins open their gifts during the party have them take turns unwrapping their presents.
- Instead of bringing gifts, have the children participate in a craft activity at the party. Instruct the children that they are making gifts for the twins to keep!
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related twin party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Themed Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, favor sets and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized item including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Games, Activities, Recipes and More: Wondering what to do for your twins' party? See our selection of free crafts, games, printable coloring pages, and more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
This gooey, chocolaty, peanut-buttery dessert is a yummy party favorite and easy to make!
Download our face painting idea sheet and then paint your guest's faces!
Match 5 in a row to win jungle bingo!
This game of catch can be played with 3 or 30 children!
Set up five carnival games that will show your guests a true circus atmosphere.
Create a custom scavenger hunt that all of your guests will enjoy.