Whether your child roots for the brave Autobots or the fearsome Decepticons, our Transformers birthday ideas guide is just what you need to throw an awesome robot party! Our Transformers party ideas guide includes tips for Transformers invitations, Transformers decorations, Transformers games, Transformers inspired food and Transformers favor ideas. Follow our Transformers party ideas, tips and tricks for a party that’s more than meets the eye!
Shop our Transformers Party Supplies.
Browse this guide:
What Do I Need For a Transformers Party?
In addition to basic Transformers party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Transformers party:
- Transformers toys and action figures
- Transformers animated series, movie DVDs or soundtrack
- Toy cars and trucks
Transformers Party Invitation Ideas
Pressed for time but still want a personalized touch? Try our Transformers invitations, which can be printed to include your child’s name and all of the party details!
- For a unique touch, you can make your own Transformers invitations. This can be a fun activity to get you and your child excited for your Transformers party! Here are some Transformers invitation ideas for your upcoming Transformers birthday:
- Attach a card-style invitation to a Transformers mask or Transformers personalized favor such as a bag tag or zipper pull.
- Include Transformers stickers or tattoos with your invitations. Seal the envelopes with a personalized Transformers sticker printed with your party information or special message.
- Create a card-style invitation using the Autobot and Decepticon symbols. Write your party details on the back of the card. If you’re feeling creative, make your Transformers invitation actually transform when you open it up! Create a pop-up flap by cutting two slits perpendicular to the fold of your card. Paste a cutout Transformers symbol on the pop-up tab.
- Let your guests know if you would like them to dress up like their favorite character from the Transformers movie. Check out our Transformers costumes for ideas!
Transformers Party Table and Decoration Ideas
The right decorations can make all the difference at your Transformers party! You can base your Transformers decoration colors off of a favorite character, like Bumble Bee (black and yellow) or Optimus Prime (red and blue), or you can use Transformer decorations. You’ll be sure to find great Transformers decoration ideas below:
- Create a urban cityscape using craft paper. Cut out the shapes of large buildings or cars from craft paper and hang it on the walls! Also cut out colored gear shapes that match the colors of your party to hang on the walls.
- Hang posters or cut-out words from Transformers like, “Autobots roll out!” “Robots in disguise,” or “More than meets the eye!”
- Create a red and blue semi-truck out of cardboard boxes to create Optimus Prime! This can double as a play area and a Transformers decoration.
- Place Transformers toys around the party area as Transformers decorations. You can hang action figures from the ceiling with fishing line or curling ribbon too!
- Have guests wear robot or Transformers masks instead of wearing cone party hats. Let guests take home their masks as Transformer favors.
- Hang Transformer banners, posters, and stills from the Transformers movie or TV show around your party area.
- Group sets of red, blue and silver balloons around the party area. Include a few Transformers balloons for a touch of fun in your Transformers decorations!
Transformers Party Food Ideas
In addition to pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some Transformers themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Use fun names to label ordinary Transformer party foods. Serve “Energon Cheese Cubes”, “Autobots Roll-Out Wraps,” “Starscream Ice Cream,” “Bumblebee tuna sandwiches” and “Optimus Prime Beef Burgers.”
- Set up a food bar, such as an ice cream bar or taco bar. Let guests “transform” their plain meal into a unique treat of their own design!
- Piece together small pretzel sticks and cheese cubes to create mini Transformers! Give your cheese Transformers legs, arms, and a neck made of pretzels and a head and body made of cheese.
- Serve juice and sodas with a silly straw. Use blue ice cubes made from blue drinks or food coloring in water. As the ice cubes melt, your drinks will transform!
- Make gelatin cubes and serve on a platter. Call them “Energon Cubes.”
Transformers Party Favors
Transformers movies and toys lend themselves well to all sorts of favors. Give your guests a treat with some of our great Transformers favor ideas:
- Robot favors
- Transformers toys and dolls
- Robot lollipops and candy
To keep things easy, check out our Robot favor sets.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts!!
- Transformers Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
The Transformers name and all related characters and elements are the property of Hasbro. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Hasbro.
Transformers Games and Activities
Build a transformer of your very own with simple craft items.
Pin the Autobot Symbol on the Transformer in this variation of the pin the tail game.
The beanbag toss is perfect for this party when your target is a Transformer.
AllSpark is the powerful object capable of creating new transformers but it is missing. Can you find it?
Do the Robot Transformer
Get the action in gear with this dance game.
If you can’t decide on when or if to open presents during the party, read this handy guide.