Teddy Bear Picnic Ideas
Today is the day the Teddy Bears have their picnic! A Teddy Bear Picnic Party is an adorable idea for a toddler's birthday. Ask your guests to bring their favorite Teddy Bear to the party so they can play games and make arts and crafts with their favorite stuffed friend. Below you will find ideas for Teddy Bear Picnic inspired invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and crafts.
Shop our Animal Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Games & Activities
Teddy Bear Picnic Party Invitation Ideas
Get your party guests excited for your child's Teddy Bear Picnic with "beary" creative invitations. Here are some ideas to inspire you.
- Purchase small teddy bears and attach them to your invitation. Have fun and print your invitations on card stock that's small enough for the teddy bear to hold between their paws.
- Include a scrap of a checkered tablecloth, an image of a teddy bear and a bear cookie cutter with your invitation. See if your guests can guess what type of party you are having!
- Cut a piece of brown construction paper into the shape of a teddy bear. Add googly eyes and a felt nose. You can also draw a circle where the bear's belly is and write the party details on it. Finish off your invitation with a ribbon bow tie.
- Place your invitation inside an easy to make origami picnic basket.
- Here's a cute poem you can write on your Teddy Bear Picnic invitation. You can also use the chorus from The Teddy Bear Picnic song.
Gather your teddies and listen real quick,
Bailey's having a birthday and a Teddy Bear picnic!
So bring your favorite teddy and your appetite too,
We'll be "beary" happy to celebrate with you!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Teddy Bear Picnic Party Decoration Ideas
More than likely, your Teddy Bear Picnic will be outside but be prepared to decorate indoors in case of inclement weather. Here are some decoration ideas that will work both indoors and outdoors.
Teddy Bear Picnic Party Food Ideas
- Gather all the teddy bears you can find and spread them around the room or picnic area. If you have an extra large teddy bear, you can have the children sit in its lap and take pictures. You can also tie balloons to the paws of the bears.
- Spread checkered picnic blankets around the area. This will designate where people can eat or where parents with babies can relax.
- Clip balloon weights to the corners of the blankets to keep them in place. Plus, the balloons will add a pop to your decor!
- Use large picnic baskets as centerpieces and fill them with snack pouches, juice boxes or baked goods. You can also tie balloons to the handles of the picnic baskets.
- Set up a photo station where the children can pose with their teddy bears. Mail the photos to your guests along with their thank you cards.
In addition to pizza, hamburgers, or hotdogs, you can add some Teddy Bear Picnic themed food into the mix. Label your food table "The Stuffing" and include the following Teddy Bear themed treats:
Teddy Bear Picnic Cupcake Cake Idea
- Beary Good Sandwiches: Use a bear cookie cutter to cut sandwiches into teddy bear shapes. You can serve peanut butter and jelly, cold cuts, or grilled cheese. Add eyes to the sandwiches using raisins or peanuts.
- Honey Chicken Strips: Preheat the oven to 425° F and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Whisk together 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce. Pour Panko bread crumbs into a small bowl. Season uncooked chicken strips with a dash of salt and pepper. Dip the chicken into the honey mixture and then into the bread crumbs. Place the coated chicken on the baking sheet and then bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Teddy Bear S'mores: Make s'mores trail mix with graham cracker teddy bears, small marshmallows and chocolate chips. Serve in small paper cups.
- Beary Cups: In small serving dishes, alternate layers of vanilla yogurt with layers of chopped strawberries and blueberries. Add a ladyfinger to the dish as a finishing touch.
- Orange Honey Smoothie: Blend together 1-1/2 cups of chilled vanilla soy milk, 6 ounces of frozen orange juice, 1 large peeled, ripe banana and 1/3 cup of honey. Add 8 ice cubes and blend on high speed until smooth and thick. Serve immediately.
- Ants on a Log: Spread peanut butter on celery sticks and top with raisins.
Cupcake cakes are easy to make and easy to serve. Just bake cupcakes and then arrange them in the shape of a teddy bear 's face before frosting and decorating. Here's one way you can make your own teddy bear cupcake cake.
- Use our chocolate cake recipe or our yellow cake recipe to bake the cupcakes.
- Prepare the chocolate frosting that's mentioned in our chocolate cake recipe.
- Arrange the unfrosted cupcakes in the shape of a teddy bear's face. Use our picture above as your reference.
- Frost all of the cupcakes with chocolate frosting except for the ones that are positioned in the middle of the ears, the eyes and the nose.
- Use pink icing to decorate the cupcakes that are positioned inside the teddy bear's ears and the nose.
- Use blue icing to decorate the cupcakes that are positioned where the teddy bear's eyes are located.
- Finally, draw a mouth across the bottom of the face with pink icing.