Nothing can defeat a little hero, so make your next party SUPER. Superman is an American icon and is one theme that will never go out of style! Read on for suggestions on how to throw a Superman Party for your friends and family. We have loads of details on planning, invitations, decorations, games and more.
Shop our Superman Theme for:
Read below for fun parties ideas:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need to Get Ready?
Guests will think that YOUR super power is party planning! You won’t need a cape to be powerful enough to throw a great party “faster than a speeding bullet!” Shop our Superman themed party supplies for deluxe all-in one packages full of party basics like, plates, cups, napkins and table covers.
All superheroes have to look the part. Special care should go into planning just the right uniform to ward off evil and save the world. No party is complete without a Superman costume for your little Man of Steel – and maybe even one for your BIG Man of Steel. We suggest:
- Muscle Superman Boys
- Man of Steel Toddler
- Deluxe Superman Man of Steel
- Muscle Superman
- Super girl Adult
- Super girl Child
Superman Party Invitations
Get you party going,”Up, Up and Away” with our easy Superman and Superman personalized invitations. When your guests receive an invitation, they too will feel like superheroes.
If you are creative and want to make your own invitation, consider these ideas:
Send Masked Man Invitations:
- Purchase traditional black eye masks and write the party details on the back in red Sharpie marker. We have a large selection of different type of masks in stock for you.
- Or, you can make your own mask by tracing a mask shape onto black card stock and cutting it out.
- Punch a small hole on each side of the mask around the middle of the eye.
- Thread thin ribbon in each hole and tie a small knot leaving enough ribbon hanging on each side to reach around the back to tie a bow.
- Get creative and write a mystery that your guests will have to solve at the party.
- Send clues and tell them to come to the party to “Save the World” and solve the mystery.
- Use possible wording such as:
The town of ______is in trouble!
An evil villain is trying to steal birthday presents from little children.
This sounds like a job for Superman!
It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane…
It’s a Birthday Party!
_____ is turning _____ years old!
Calling all Superheroes to help Celebrate!
A Superman party looks best decorated in red, yellow and blue. You can add black for a comic book style appearance. Start with balloons which are an easy way to fill a room.
Add red, yellow and blue balloons to our Superman Kit. For a complete look, use a combination of solid color latex balloons and our Mylar Superman balloons.
Wall and Room decor:
- Order a personalized banner to celebrate the occasion.
- Cover a wall in the party room with a larger-than-life city scape.
- You can use large rolls of paper or fabric.
- Use blue-sky colored fabric or paper for the background or a gray color for night sky.
- Draw lines and angles forming an outline of tall buildings on black or gray paper or fabric. Make lines of different sizes and shapes to represent the buildings. Cut it out and secure it to the background.
- Add another row of buildings in alternating shapes and sizes. Cut it out and secure it to the first row of buildings to appear 3-D.
- Cut out small squares or rectangles from yellow paper or fabric to look like windows and attach to the buildings.
Consider having a “phone booth” decoration that can later be used in the activities. Locate a large refrigerator box. Be mindful that this might be hard to find so give yourself plenty of time.
- Spray paint the entire box red.
- If one end of the box is open, use that as the top. Leave the closed end on the floor so you can secure it to the ground to keep it from falling over.
- Measure and mark one side of the box to open from right to left as a door. Cut to open the door.
- Paint horizontal and vertical lines with black paint to represent windows or cut out windows if you are feeling ambitious.
- Attach a small knob to use as a door handle.
- Paint or attach to the top of the box front, a rectangular sign in black writing on a white background that says, “TELEPHONE.”
- Cut out large comic book words such as “POW,” “BAM,” and WOW” from large pieces of black cardboard or card stock. Put them inside white speech bubble shapes and tape to walls.
- You can do the same for the large “S” for superman. Cut out a large “S” and tape or glue it to an upside down yellow triangle.
- A Superman Pinata filled with Superman party favors and candy can be both an activity and a decoration.
- Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy Pinata tips and tricks
Of you’re using solid color party ware, decorate in yellow, red, white and blue. If you’d rather decorate with Superman party ware, check out our awesome Man of Steel design.
Other centerpiece ideas:
- A small phone booth
- Large black framed eyeglasses
- Birds and Airplanes
- Superman capes for each child tied to the back of individual chairs.
Superman Party Favor Ideas
After a day of saving the world, send the little heroes home with prepackaged Superman Favors, Superman Deluxe and Superman Ultimate Favor Kits. To find a large variety of Superman themed party favors, visit our Superman page and click the “Party Favors” tab. Some favors we have include:
- Rock Candy
- Superman Stickers
- Superman Tattoos
- Superman Blowouts
- Personalized Lollipops and Stickers
Superman Food Ideas:
Keep the food simple and use the red, yellow and blue color scheme in your food choices.
- Blueberry, raspberry and lemon yogurt parfaits
- Strawberry, blueberry and mango fruit-kabobs
- Blue, red and yellow jello molds or jello cut into cubes to look like rocks or crystals
- Red apples on yellow sticks
- Jelly beans in red, yellow and blue
- Cookies with yellow and red icing in the shape of the Superman “S.” Use our Sugar Cookie recipe, shaped cookie cutters, and an assortment of colorful icing. Decorate the cookies before the party or use the cookies as an activity.
- No party is complete without a cake. Follow our simple Birthday Cake Recipes for chocolate cake or yellow cake. Use standard icings to draw a Superman image or a cape directly on the cake.
- Serve Kryptonite punch. Mix Lime Sherbet with Sprite and add green food colored ice cubes. Make up a new drink – the Anti-Kyrptonite punch-using red Sherbet with Sprite and red food colored ice cubes.
- Make your own pizza. Purchase small round pre-made pizza dough for each guest. Set out bowls of sauce to pour on the dough and enough shredded cheeses to make the shape of an “S.” Bake pizza in the oven while kids are playing games and serve later. This is a fun activity and a snack all in one!
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
Games and Activities
Test your strength to see if you can be the Man of Steel
Which child at the party is faster than a speeding bullet. Find out with this fun game of tag.
Should you open gifts at the party or when it is over. Find out here.
This is the traditional birthday party game with a twist
Is your memory as good as X-ray vision? Test your photographic memory.
Don’t get caught in the Kryptonite Cave. This take on musical chairs is lots of fun for little superheroes.