Up, up and away! Save the world and your party with our Superhero party ideas! Read on to get the action-packed scoop on , games, food, decorations, favors and tips from the birthday experts.
Shop all our Superhero Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Superhero party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Superhero party:
- Comic books that are kid-friendly like Superman, Batman, Spider-man, X-men, Iron man, Hulk, or Wonder Woman.
- Superhero costumes, masks or capes.
- Superhero cartoons to play in the background
- Music scores from superhero movies
- Superhero action figures or toys tied to balloons.
Have fun when capturing the world of superheroes when creating your invitations. Get your party guests excited by using one of the following ideas.
- Create fake newspaper covers with a picture of your child and the heading “Extra, extra, [child’s name] turns [age]! The article can detail a little about the party and the date, time, and rsvp information.
- Mail a cape or mask along with your invitations and ask your guests to wear them to the party.
- Ask a family member or friend who can draw to illustrate the birthday child as a cartoon superhero! Use this character in a comic strip that will detail the party information.
- Have a male family member with a deep voice call each party guest to deliver the party information. Have him disguise his voice and act like Batman, Superman, Iron Man or Spider-man over the phone. You can use the following script as a guide for your superhero actor! We chose Batman in the example but you can use any of your child’s favorite heroes.
Hello, Adam this is Batman. I have a very important message for you from The Justice League. You’ve been invited to Finn’s superhero party on April 16 from 2-4. Bring your cape, your mask, and prepare to have a heroic adventure!
If you don’t have time to make your own invitations, consider one of our superhero themed personalized invites. These invitations can be customized with your child’s name and all the party details.
A really super party starts with colorful decorations! Consider these fun, simple ideas:
- Buy streamers in colors associated with your child’s favorite superhero-for example, use red, yellow, and blue streamers for Superman, or black and yellow streamers for Batman. Twist the streamers together, and hang them throughout the party area.
- Ask your party guests to dress in costume or have the adults at the party in costume (or both).
- Cut cartoon caption bubbles out of cardboard, and write superhero action words on them, such as “POW!” “ZAP!” and “BAM!” Hang them on the walls throughout the party area.
- Using chalk, draw the bat signal or Superman’s “S” crest on the sidewalk or driveway.
- Use comic books or pages from comic books as place mats at the party table. You can also provide Silly Putty so that the children can “lift” pictures off of the comics (i.e. by pressing the putty against the page and peeling it back).
- Buy inexpensive capes, or make your own using rectangles of brightly-colored cloth. Hang a cape from the back of each guest’s chair before the party. If your guests wish, they can wear their capes during the party and take them home afterwards.
When it comes to food, partygoers are usually perfectly content to eat pizza or hotdogs, which is certainly much easier on the hosts! However, if you have the time and would like to serve up some more interesting treats, consider these superhero food ideas:
- Make sugar cookies using our Sugar Cut-Out Cookies Recipe. Use cookie cutters to cut out lightning bolts, bats, or diamond shapes (add Superman’s “S” with icing on the latter), and decorate the cookies with the colors of your child’s favorite superheroes.
- Cut sandwiches into bat shapes or diamonds.
- Let the children use their super powers to change the color of their drinks! Before the party, freeze colored juice in ice cube trays. Serve ginger ale or a lemon-lime soda. Let your guests pick their own colored ice cubes. As the children drop ice cubes into their drinks, the drinks will change color!
- Bake the birthday cake in the shape of your child’s favorite superhero’s emblem. If you cannot find an appropriately-shaped cake pan, you can bake a round, square or rectangular cake, and carve it before you ice and decorate it.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with super party favors! To find a large variety of heroic party favors, visit our Superhero Fun party page and click the “Party Favors” tab or the “More Fun Stuff” tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Superhero stickers
- Superhero capes
- Punch balloons
- Wacky whirlers
- Disc launchers
- Superhero temporary tattoos
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Batman Personalized Items
- Superman Personalized Items
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Younger children will especially enjoy this exciting musical game.
Guests will love this variation of “Hot Potato” with a superhero twist.
Guests team up and compete to see who the most powerful “Superman” is at the party.
Children will get a kick out of this Superman-themed game of tag.
Partygoers will have a blast weaving a web to catch the bad guys.
In this game, kids will waddle their way to the finish line at the command of The Penguin.
Send your guests on a mission to find the missing birthday cake.
The bat-signal has gone off and Batman’s costume is nowhere to be found! Can your party guests use found objects to dress Batman in time?
Guests will be amazed by the birthday child’s display of super powers in this activity.
|The Superman name and all related characters and elements are the property of DC Comics or WildStorm Productions. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by DC Comics or WildStorm Productions.|