Star Wars Party Ideas
Throw the little Jedi in your life a party full of adventure with our Star Wars Party Ideas. We have compiled tips and tricks for everything from invitations to party favors, so start planning - and may the force be with you!
Shop all our Star Wars Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Star Wars Invitations
Star Wars Decorations
Star Wars Food
Star Wars Party Favors
Star Wars Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need for the Party?
In addition to basic Star Wars party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Star Wars party:
Star Wars Invitation Ideas
- One of the Star Wars movies
- A Star Wars or LEGO Star Wars video game
- A>Star Wars pinata
- Star Wars movie posters
- Star Wars action figures and toys
- Inflatable or plastic light sabers
- >Star Wars Masks
Unique, homemade invitations can really get you in the party mood! If you have the time, here are a few Star Wars invitation ideas to consider:
- Cut a piece of white cardstock into the shape of a lightsaber. Use markers to color the handle grey and the beam blue or green. Write your party details in silver marker on the beam. Alternatively, fold a piece of cardstock in half, cut out two small lightsabers and cross them together in the middle of the card. On the front of the card, write, "You are Invited to a Galaxy Far, Far, Away..." Write your party details inside.
- Print out movie stills from the birthday child's favorite Star Wars movie. Write your party details on the back.
- Punch a hole in the corner of a card-style invitation and attach it to a>Star Wars Mask that your guests can wear to the party.
- Make a simple black helmet to resemble Darth Vader's helmet out of black construction paper. Write your party details in gold pen.
Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
In a galaxy not too far, far away,
Michael is having his 5th birthday!
So fly your spaceship at the speed of light,
To the celebration of our Jedi Knight!
- If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our>Space Knight Personalized Invitations, which include the birthday child's name and all the party details for you!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Star Wars Party Decoration Ideas
Send your guests to a galaxy far, far, away by using decorations that fit your theme!
Star Wars Party Food Ideas
- Hang a banner above the entrance to the party area that reads "Welcome...May the Force Be With You..." Take a look at our banners for inspiration!
- Label different areas of the room with names of the planets from Stars Wars. Some examples are Tatooine, Hoth, Naboo, Endor, Dagobah, and Alderaan.
- Set up an area of the room where guests can build their own droid using pots, pans, silverware and other aluminum gadgets you have lying around.
- Dim the lights and place glow stars and planets on the ceiling.
- Transform one side of your party area into "The Dark Side" by covering the walls with black butcher paper and adding black and red balloons and streamers.
- Set out any Star Wars toys or figurines that your child may already have. These work well for centerpieces and decorations for windowsills. You can also tie balloons to the figures hands.
- Play the Star Wars movie score by John Williams as background music.
- Replace some of the light bulbs in chandeliers, lamps, and other light fixtures in the party area with black lights.
It can be fun for the host and the guests to include theme-specific treats during the party. For a Star Wars Party, consider the following ideas:
Lightsaber Cake Idea
- Edible Lightsabers: Cover 3/4 of a large pretzel rod with bright green, blue or red frosting. Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Yoda Soda: Freeze green Kool-Aid in ice cube trays before the party. During the party, serve ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or water, and give each guest one or two Gatorade ice cubes. Let them watch as their soda turns green!
- Jedi Jigglers: Make your child's favorite flavor of Jell-O in a shallow pan. Use Star Wars cookie cutters to cut shapes in the Jell-O to serve at the party.
- Darth Vader Veggie and Fruit Tray: Arrange red-colored veggies and fruits, such as strawberries, red peppers, red apples, and baby tomatoes, on a circular platter.
- Dark Side Chips & Dip: Serve blue tortilla chips with black bean dip.
- Chewy Chewbacca Cookies: Bake your favorite cookies and frost them in chocolate frosting. Die coconut flakes brown and coat the cookies in the flakes to resemble Chewbacca's furry exterior.
You can make a long cake that looks like a light saber easily with the following instructions.
- Bake a 9" x 13" cake and cut it into three long strips.
- Lay the strips down vertically end-to-end so you have one long strip.
- Round off the corners of one end of the cake.
- Decorate this to resemble a lightsaber, with the top portion frosted in bright-colored blue or green frosting and the bottom portion in chocolate frosting for the handle.
- Write a happy birthday message along the blade of the lightsaber.
Party Favor Ideas
Star Wars Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for battling the dark side with galactic party favors! To find a large variety of Star Wars party favors, visit our Star Wars Party Page
and click the "Party Favors" tab or the "More Fun Stuff" tab. Some of the favors we have include:
- Disc launchers
- Star Wars storm trooper wristbands
- Space putty
- Stickers and temporary tattoos
- Hi-bounce balls
- Space ice cream and rock candy
- Darth Vader masks
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
The Star Wars name and all related characters and elements are the property of Lucasfilm Ltd. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd.
- Star Wars Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Star Wars Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Can your guests pass the test to become Jedi Knights?
Once your guests prove themselves, present them with their Jedi Robe!
Test your guests' lightsaber skills with this fun game.
Your partygoers will be awestruck when their arms begin to raise without any effort.
See which operators can command their robot partners to execute a mission the fastest.
Have your guests team up to find as many lost planets as possible.
Your guests will love decorating our printable Space coloring page.
Print out copies of our coloring page for your little space cadets to decorate.