St. Patrick's Day Party Ideas
Throw your little leprechauns a lucky St. Patrick's Day party! Get out the green, plan a festive party, and celebrate the luck of the Irish. Read on for our ideas on St. Patty's Day party decorations, food, games and more!
Shop our St. Patrick's Day Party Supplies.
Browse this St. Patty's Day Party Guide:
St. Patrick's Day Invitations
St. Patrick's Day Decorations
St. Patrick's Day Food
St. Patrick's Day Party Favors
St. Patrick's Day Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider buying, borrowing or renting:
St. Patrick's Day Party Invitations
- A St. Patrick's Day movie like:
- Finian's Rainbow (Rated G)
- The Luck of the Irish (Not rated)
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers: The Last Leprechaun (Not rated)
- The Gnome-Mobile (Rated G)
- A Very Unlucky Leprechaun (Rated PG)
- Gold coins and a pot of gold
- Corned beef and cabbage
- Green clothing and costumes
- Cut out an invitation on green paper in the shape of a shamrock. Or cut out a shamrock, paste it to the front of white card stock, and decorate with gold glitter glue.
- Attach a card-style invitation to one of our personalized St. Patrick's Day party supplies with green curling ribbon.
- Include green and Irish themed stickers and temporary tattoos with the St. Patty's day party invitations. Seal the envelope with a St. Patrick's Day party personalized sticker printed with the party details or a fun message.
- Make an invitation in the shape of a green leprechaun hat
- Create an invitation that looks like a rainbow. On the inside, include a gold or candy coin wrapped in gold foil.
- Include a cute rhyme on your card such as:
Attention all Leprechauns! Please put down your gold!
We're having a St. Patrick's Day party, I'm told.
So follow the rainbow until Caleb's house is seen,
We'll be lucky to have you and please dress in green!
Decorating & Food Ideas
St. Patrick's Day Party Decorations
St. Patrick's Day Party Food
- Make green your primary color when decorating with white and/or gold as your accent colors. Check out our selection of solid streamers and balloons.
- Use green partyware or St. Patrick's Day party supplies.
- Cut out paper shamrocks and Leprechaun hats and hang them on the walls. Or string them on yarn and hang them from the ceiling and above doorways for good luck!
- Create a rainbow using different colored streamers and put a pot underneath it. Or draw and cut out a rainbow on poster board. If you're feeling extra creative, create a rainbow archway by tying latex balloons together in an arc.
- Spread candy coin wrapped in gold foil out on a plastic table cover. Or place the candy coins or other candy in pots around the party area.
- Hand each child green beads as they walk into the door.
- Create a personalized banner at the entrance of your party that says "Cead Mille Failte," which means "a hundred thousand welcomes in Gaelic.
- Set the mood with Irish jig music.
- Put a large stone in the party area and label it "Blarney Stone."
- Hang up a map of Ireland or travel posters from the country.
- Draw the Irish flag and hang it on the wall.
- Dress up the table with personalized St. Patrick's Day placemats.
It's time to break out the green food coloring to create a St. Patrick's Day food feast. Here are a few ideas for your party:
- Spinach noodles with pesto sauce
- Quesadillas made from spinach tortillas
- Corned beef and cabbage
- Guacamole and tortilla chips
- Green Jell-O
- Mint chocolate-chip ice cream
- Sugar cookies with green icing
- Green veggies like celery, cucumbers and broccoli with ranch dressing
- Green fruits like grapes and kiwi
- Milk with green food coloring
- Green Kool-Aid or Gatorade
- Key lime pie with green food coloring
- Pistachio pudding
- Soda bread (an Irish favorite)
- Lucky Charms (makes a great snack without the milk)
- Rice Krispy treats (add green food coloring to marshmallows before adding cereal)
- Rainbow treats like: M&Ms candies, Skittles, rainbow sherbert, rainbow cake, and veggie & fruit trays.
Party Favor Ideas
St. Patrick's Day Party Favors
Send your little leprechauns home from your St. Patrick's Day Party with a pot-o-party favors!
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- St. Patrick's Day Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- St. Patrick's Day Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Create vibrant rainbow cake batter your child will never forget!
Download our face painting idea sheet and then paint your guest's faces!
Guests can paint their very own lucky horseshoes to take home after the party.
This variation on hot potato incorporates Irish music into the game.
In this classic twist on leap frog, the children become lucky leprechauns.
Have your guests create a lucky leprechaun hat to take home.
Print out this free coloring page to give to guests at your party.
Dye your own rainbow pasta for beaded craft activities!