Plan a classified celebration that your little secret agent will love with our Spy Party Ideas! Boys and girls who dream of a life of sleuthing and collecting intel will be thrilled to celebrate their birthday with a spy themed party. This guide is filled with inspiration for invitations, food, games, and all of your other party planning needs that will ensure that you’ll create a truly super secret agent event!
Shop all Party Supplies
Planning & Invitations
Creative invitations build excitement and can increase attendance at your child’s spy party. If you have time to make your own, be sure to involve your child in choosing a cool design. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Fold colored construction paper in half and decorate the cover with stickers featuring fedoras, magnifying glasses, or shoeprints. Include the party details inside. Mail each invitation in a small manila envelope with “Top Secret” written or stamped on it.
- Provide the party details in a creatively-worded way, such as:
Secret Agent [child’s name] invites you on a top-secret mission.
Code Name: Operation Birthday Party!
This mission will begin at [party time] on [party date] at [child’s name]’s secret hideout: [party address]
If you choose to accept this assignment, dial [phone number] from a secure phone line, and ask for Secret Agent [parent’s first name]!
- Invite your guests to come wearing disguises.
- Cut out card stock in the shape of a magnifying glass and put the event details over where the lens would be.
- Use personalized invitations that have been customized with your unique text.
- Using sidewalk chalk, draw large footprints on the path leading up to the party.
- Hang a sign on your front door that says “Secret Agent Training Center”.
- Welcome your guests with a custom message printed on a personalized banner.
- Twist together streamers in two or three colors, drape them along the walls, and wrap them around chairs and/or banisters. You can also hang strips of streamers across the doorways leading into the party area for a curtain effect.
- Add color to the walls with your own construction paper or poster board cutouts of footprints, magnifying glasses, and maps.
- Create Wanted posters or spy badges on your computer with pictures of your party guests.
- Place a small notebook and pencil at each place setting for your guests. Ask them to record anything “suspicious” they see in their notebooks during the party.
- Items you may already own like binoculars, magnifying glasses, cameras, flashlights, fedoras, and play money can be grouped together to create a centerpiece for the party table.
Serve your guests traditional treats with fun, spy-themed names. Here are a few examples to get you started:
- Make Mystery Munch. Prepare a snack mix of yummy foods like mini-pretzels, tiny fish crackers, M&Ms, mini marshmallows, and gummy candies.
- Kid-favorite hot dogs can become Detective Dogs.
- Serve Mission Impossible pizza.
- Set out a Secret Agent Snack Tray of cut-up carrots, celery, cheese, crackers, and veggie dip for your sleuths to nosh.
- Spy Salsa is simply tortilla chips and salsa.
- Your Spy Birthday Cake can be a round cake decorated as a bomb with dark frosting and a red licorice string fuse. Use sparkler candles or trick candles that re-light for more fun.
Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests for attending your child’s top secret celebration with fun favors like:
- Spy fedoras
- Temporary tattoos
- Spy stickers
- Magnifying glasses
- Mini squirt guns
- Disposable cameras
- Personalized favors like bubbles, key chains, and magnets.
For more Spy ideas, check us out on Pinterest.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Spy Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme. We suggest decorating with solid colors such as black, silver and red.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Diffuse the bombs before its too late during this fast paced game.
Can your little spies crack the code of this secret puzzle?
All spies need the ability to follow clues!
Try out different characters during this hilarious improvisation game.
I spy something fun for all ages!
Find out who has the best memory at your party.
Hand out this free word puzzle at your Spy party.
A good spy knows how to ask the right questions.