Sports Party Ideas
Is your child a sports star? Is he or she playing basketball in the winter, soccer in the summer, and every other sport in between? Then throw him or her a fan-tastic birthday party with our Sports Party Ideas. We have provided suggestions for everything from invitations to party games that will make winners out of all of your guests!
Shop our Sports Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Sports Party Favors
Sports Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Sports party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Sports themed party:
Sports Party Invitations
- A Sports Movie, such as Little Giants (Rated PG), The Rookie (Rated G), Bend it Like Beckham (Rated PG-13), or Air Bud (Rated PG)
- Sports uniforms and sweatbands
- Sports equipment (basketball, baseball, baseball bat, soccer ball, etc.)
- Water bottles
- Coach whistles
- Posters of famous althetes
- A Pinata
Invitations are an important part of your planning because they give the first impression of your party to your guests. If you have the time to make your own invitations, here are a few ideas to consider:
- Buy an inflatable soccer ball, basketball, or football and write the party details on it while it's fully inflated. Deflate the ball and send it in an envelope. Your guest will have fun blowing it up to read the invitation.
- Take a photo of your child in his or her favorite sports uniform. Print the photo on the front of a top-fold card and write your party details inside.
- Cut the shape of a sports trophy (traditionally shaped like a goblet) out of yellow cardstock. Write your party details on the front.
- Cut the shapes of various sports balls out of cardstock and glue them side by side. You could include a football, soccer ball, basketball, and baseball. Color each ball as they should appear, and write a few party details on each in the line. Fold them accordion style before putting them in the envelopes.
If you would rather not make your own invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our Personalized Sports Invitations, which include all the party details for you! We also offer blank invitations
that you can fill in yourself.
Whether you are holding an at-home party, or hosting a party at a ball field, it can be fun to include some sporty snacks that fit your theme!