Whether your little one is a fan of the Spiderman comic or the more recent movie franchise, celebrate his or her favorite hero with a Spiderman Birthday Party! Our Spiderman Party Ideas include suggestions for invitations, activities, and more so you can throw a party Spidey would be proud of!
Shop our Spider-Man Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Planning & Invitations
One of your first decisions will be where to host your Spiderman Party. Hosting a party in your own home is a great option, as you have a little more freedom to be creative with your decorating and activity choices. You may want to consider a park, a science center, or family-friendly restaurant. For additional ideas, see our article on When and Where to Have the Party.
What Do I Need For a Spiderman Party?
Basic Spiderman party supplies include paper tableware, such as plates, napkins, cups, and cutlery; a tablecloth, streamers, and balloons. For themed supplies, check out our Spiderman party supplies.
You may also want to rent or purchase other items to fit your theme, such as:
- Spiderman Cartoons or Movies on DVD
- Spiderman comicbooks
- Spiderman Masks
- Superhero candy
- Disposable Cameras
- Plastic Spiders
- A Spiderman pinata
To help you with your shopping, take a look at our Suggested Party Supply List. You may not need everything on the list, but you can use it as a guide.
Spiderman Birthday Invitations
Invitations are your first chance to make an impression for your Spiderman birthday party, so you will want to make sure they convey all the information your guests need in a style that fits your Spiderman theme! If you have the time to make your own invitations, we have put together a few ideas to consider:
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Spiderman favor with curling ribbon.
- On a white piece of cardstock, draw a spider web (a group of scalloped circles with lines that connect in the middle). In the middle of the web, paste a cutout of a red or black spider. Write your party details on the spider in silver pen.
- Fold a piece of cardstock in half. Divide the front in two by gluing black construction paper on one side and red construction paper on the other side, to symbolize the battle between the good and bad Spiderman in the movie Spiderman 3. Write “Which side will you choose?” on the front and your party details inside. Decorate with Spiderman stickers.
- Print out movie stills of your child’s favorite Spiderman movie and either write your party details directly on the printout, or glue the photo to a card-style invitation and write your party details inside the card.
- Create a Spiderman comic book where the characters in the book give your guests all the information about the party. Create your Spiderman invitation by hand or use computer software to alter an existing comic page.
- Write your party details on the back of a Spiderman Masks or attach a personalized Spiderman sticker printed with your party info. Your guests will then be able to wear their invitations to the party!
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
Spiderman, Spiderman,Does whatever a spider can,
He wants you, to celebrate,
So please respond and don’t be late,
Look Out! Here comes the Spiderman!
If you’d rather purchase invitations, but would still like a personalized touch, consider our personalized Spider invitations. We’ll include your child’s name and all the party details for you.
Or purchase blank Spiderman party invitations and fill in the details yourself.
Your Spiderman party supplies should include basic decorations, such as streamers and balloons. However, it can be fun to add to those basics to create an even more entertaining environment for your Spiderman theme party. Here are some ideas:
- Balloons are a must at any party! Group together three to five helium balloons in black, red and blue, and anchor them with balloon weights around the party area. Add Spiderman balloons to some of your balloon groups for added effect.
- Hang a Spiderman banner above the entrance to the party area that reads “Lookout! It’s [child’s name]’s Spiderman Party!”
- Cover the walls of the party area with stretchable spider webbing that can be purchased at any craft store. Add plastic spiders to the webbing. Check our spider personalized banner and let us do the work for you!
- Set out plastic red and black spiders on all tables and windowsills.
- Call your local video store or movie theater and see if they would give or sell you old posters of Spiderman movies. Or, print out movie stills from the Spiderman movies and make a collage to hang in the party area.
- Use butcher paper to create a city scene that you can hang on one wall of the party area. Add a drawing of Spiderman swinging between two of the skyscrapers.
- Hang a Spiderman Pinata in the party area that can be used as a decoration before the activity begins. Remember, you can transform any pinata into a pull-string with these easy instructions.
Choose party food that will continue the Spiderman theme, such as:
- Make little signs for traditional party food with Spiderman theme names. For example, “Green Goblin Guacamole,” “Peter Parker Pizza,” “Radioactive Rice Krispies,” “Spidey Sandwiches,” etcetera.
- Make sticky web snacks by drawing a web design on a strip of fruit leather with decorator icing, and sticking raisins to it to resemble flies.
- Use spider-shaped cookie cutters to cut sandwiches, jello jigglers, cheese slices, and deli meats.
- Serve bright red and blue drinks, such as Gaterade, Hawaiian Punch, Kool-Aid, and cranberry juice. Add a plastic spider and a silly straw for added fun.
- Make a fudge spider for each guest.
- Individual cupcakes may be more manageable than a full Spiderman cake at some parties. For Spiderman cupcakes, frost your favorite cupcakes in red or blue frosting, and draw a web on top with decorator icing. Add a plastic spider to each as the final touch.
- Make a Spiderman birthday cake with our Spiderman cake pan. Frost the cake with red and blue icing. Pipe on details with black decorator icing.
Party Favor Ideas
Send your guests home feeling like real super heroes with party favors that fit your theme. Give one large favor, such as a pair of movie tickets or a Spiderman comic book; or combine smaller Spiderman favors such as stickers, a disposable camera, a Spiderman mask, toy spiders, and candy in a nice favor bag.
To save time, you may want to consider our complete Spiderman Favor Sets, which include matching favor bags. Or, consider our popular Personalized Spider Favors. Choose from bag tags, zipper pulls, magnets, and more, all personalized with your guests’ names or a personal message from you!
More Birthday Theme Ideas
Browse our list of over 140 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Spiderman Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for your party theme.
- Spiderman Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child’s next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
The Spiderman name and all related characters and elements are the property of Marvel Characters, Inc. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Marvel Characters, Inc.
Games and Activities
In this game, the superheroes must capture the villain with their “web”!
Use our coloring sheets as a quiet activity during the party.
Let your guests create their own adventures with fill-in-the-bubbles comic strips!
Transform all your guests into Spiderman with a little face paint!
Test the players’ teamwork as they try to untangle strands of yarn to get to their prizes.
Send your guests on a mission to find the missing birthday cake.
Partygoers will have a blast weaving a web to catch the bad guys.