Spa Party Ideas
Pamper the birthday girl and her friends with our Spa Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great spa-themed decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Shop all our Girl Themed Party Supplies
Browse this guide:
Spa Party Favors
Spa Games & Activities
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic party supplies
, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Spa party:
Spa Party Invitation Ideas
- Bubble machine
- Bean bags and overstuffed pillows
- Manicure/pedicure supplies
If you have the time to make your own invitations, you can customize them to fit your theme, and build excitement before the party even starts! For a Spa Party, try one of these ideas:
- Cut the shape of a spa mask out of green cardstock and attach one end of a string or rubber band to each side of the mask. Write the party details along the edges so your guests have to turn it to read the entire invite.
- Cut a large circle out of green construction paper and decorate it to look like a slice of cucumber. Fold it in half and write "You're Invited to [child's name]'s Spa Party!" on the front in glitter glue. Write the party details inside.
- Cut out pictures of "spa" scenes from magazines, such as people laying down with cucumbers on their eyes, people getting manicures or pedicures, or people getting a mud mask. Write your party details in the center of a piece of card stock and paste your spa images around your party details.
- Attach a card-style invitation to a spa mask and send your invitations in padded envelopes.
- Include creative wording for your party details, such as:
It's Zoe's birthday and she wants to relax!
She's turning 9 and those are the facts!
Please come join her for a wonderful spa day,
There will be cake and treats so what do you say?
If you don't have the time to make your own invitations, consider one of our personalized invites. Each invitation can be personalized with all the party information.
Decorating & Food Ideas
Spa Party Decorating Ideas
Spa Party Food Ideas
- Form a canopy over the party table using streamers. The streamers should cascade from a bow in the middle (attached to the chandelier or the ceiling) to the sides of the room.
- Set up several beauty stations throughout the party area where you can pamper your guests. Check out our Beauty Stations activity for additional ideas.
- Create eye mask-shaped placemats for the food table using craft paper. Decorate each placemat with a guest's name and sparkly stickers, and then cover it with clear contact paper.
- Trace your child's feet on a sheet of construction paper and color the toes with bright marker to look like nail polish. Cut out the feet shape, and use it as a wall decoration.
- If you have access to a pool, you can incorporate some relaxing swim time into the spa experience. Fold towels for each guest, and lay them out by the pool.
- Set up a bubble blower in one corner of the party area and have bubbles floating around your guests.
- Set out vases filled with flowers (daisies are a great choice) on tables and windowsills around the party area.
- Set out an abundance of lightly-scented candles to add to the relaxing atmosphere. Turn the lights down a little so the candlelight is more apparent.
- Fill the floor of the party area with fluffy blankets, overstuffed pillows, and other comfy things your guests could lounge on.
It's always fun for the guests and the host to serve party food that fits your theme. If you have the time and would like to serve some spa-appropriate treats, consider these ideas:
- Sandwich Triangles: Make several peanut butter and jelly or cream cheese and jelly sandwiches on soft, white bread. Cut the crust off of each sandwich, and then cut the sandwiches diagonally to create triangles. To dress them up a little bit more, stick a decorative toothpick in each sandwich, and stack them on a fancy silver or ceramic platter.
- Fantastic Fruit Punch: Make a batch of our Fantastic Fruit Punch, and serve it in a large, glass punch bowl. Freeze blueberries or small slices of other fruit in ice cubes for an added treat.
- Petit Fours: These tiny treats are a dainty addition to any party. You can either purchase a selection of petit fours from a local French bakery, or you can easily make your own by using our Petit Four Recipe.
- Beauty Mask Cake: Bake a round cake. Ice it completely with a white, light yellow or tan base frosting (this will be the "skin" of the face), and then use a different color frosting or red licorice string to add lips and a nose. For the eyes, you can use green frosting to draw cucumber slices, or you can place actual cucumber slices on the cake-just be sure to take them off before serving! Draw eyebrows over the cucumbers using brown or black frosting, or black licorice string. To add "skin cream," sprinkle powdered sugar all around the face and forehead, outlining the facial features (e.g. lips, nose, eyes, etc.).
Party Favor Ideas
Ideas for Spa Party Favors
Party favors are a nice ending to a special party. Send your guests home with a smile with spa party favors that fit your theme, such as:
- Manicure/pedicure supplies
- Comfy robes
- A towel set
- Lip gloss
- A spa mask
- Nail polish
Also check out our complete favor sets and personalized products such as zipper pulls, placemats, and stickers.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts.
- Girl Party Supplies: Includes paperware, invitations, personalized items, favors, and decorations for girl party themes.
- Personalized Items: Check out our exclusive personalized items including invitations, bookmarks, stickers, and more!
- Birthday Party Decorating Ideas: This guide will tell you how to decorate for your party theme, what to do with balloons and streamers, how to decorate with food, how to set the table, and how to make your own party decorations.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
- More Birthday Theme Ideas: Browse our list of over 130 themed party guides to find tips for your child's next birthday! Each guide includes ideas for invitations, decorations, food, favors, games and more.
Games and Activities
Girls will have fun creating their own personal flower bookmarks.
Let the girls make their own soap, complete with essential oils and fragrance.
The girls will have fun relaxing with these beauty masks.
Create big, festive flowers out of colorful tissue paper and pipe cleaner.
Your guests will get a kick out of this eyes-closed race to the end of the line.
The whole group will love this gossipy game of telephone.
Girls can create lovely, colorful barrettes using balloons and shoelaces.
Make jewelry from licorice strings, round candies, and cereal.
Girls can create lovely heart satchets filled with lavender, rose petals, and potpourri.
Kids team up and compete to be the fastest in this relay race.
Set up beauty stations around the party area and pamper your guests at them.
Your guests will love decorating our printable Spa coloring page.