It takes more than looks and lineage to be a true princess! If your child loves the littlest princess-in-training, then she will love our Sofia the First party ideas guide. This Disney party page includes tips for Sofia the First invitations, decorations, games, food and favor ideas. Read our Sofia the First party ideas, tips and tricks for a Princess Sofia birthday that’s fit for royalty!
Shop our Sofia the First Party Supplies
What Do I Need For a Sofia the First Party?
In addition to basic Sofia the First party supplies, decorations and paper goods, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Disney Princess party:
- Tiaras and princess costumes
- Toy fairies and dolls
- A castle dollhouse
- A DIY carriage for photos and playtime
- Costume jewelry
- Sofia the First books or DVDs
- Lots of purple! DVDs
Sofia the First Party Invitation Ideas
Looking for a quick and easy way to drum up excitement for your event? Try our Sofia the First invitations or personalized invites which can be printed to include your child’s name and all of the party details!For a unique touch, you can make your own DIY Sofia the First party invitations. This can be a fun activity to get you and your child excited for your Sofia the First party! Here are some Sofia the First invitation ideas for your upcoming Sofia the First party:
- Attach a card-style invitation to a personalized Sofia the First favor such as a bookmark or luggage tag. You can also attach the card to a fairy wand for a fun treat before your event.
Include Sofia the First stickers or confetti with your invitations. Seal the envelopes with a personalized Princess Sofia sticker printed with your party information or special message.
- Create a card-style invitation using fake jewels and glitter. Write your party details in a gold, flowing script to match a royal look.
- Write your party details on the back of a paper tiara. Guests can then bring the tiara party hat with them to your birthday celebration to wear at the event.
- Let your guests know if you would like them to dress up like their favorite character from the Sofia the First movie. A prince and princess theme is a great way to get friends in the spirit of the day.
- Use creative writing in your Sofia the First Invitations. Use the invitation wording below for inspiration:
You are cordially invited
To spend the day with Princess Melanie!
Please wear your most regal prince or princess attire
And celebrate like Sofia the First would!
The right decorations can make all the difference at your Disney Sofia the First party! Whether you would like to use a Disney princess theme or opt for fairy decor, you’ll find great Sofia the First decoration ideas below:
- Create a castle on your wall using cut craft paper. Cut out the shape of a castle from butcher paper and hang it on the wall to create a mural. Set your table to look like a fairytale feast!
- Instead of paper plates and cups, use tea cups and other fun china sets. A tea party is the perfect princess setup. For younger guests, make sure you use plastic rather than fragile tea sets.
- Hang posters and banners of this little Disney Princess around your party space..
- Use intricate frames to display party signs. You can find them at thrift stores or craft stores.
- Gather sets of pink, gold and purple Sofia the First balloons around the party area. Include Princess Sofia balloons in latex and Mylar for a complete bouquet!
In addition to classic birthday foods like pizza, chicken fingers, hamburgers or hotdogs, you can add some princess themed food into the mix. Here are some suggestions.
- Throw a fairytale feast! Serve drinks in goblets or fancy party cups. Search our Princess party supplies for fun princess party supplies. Fairy tableware is also a great match for a Princess Sofia party.
- Let the children drink warm decaf tea in fancy cups and serve it with a purple rock candy stick, just like Sofia’s purple amulet.
- Have a tea party complete with dainty princess snacks. Lady fingers, cucumber slices, tea, and mini cakes are all great options. Set up a picnic blanket in the back yard for a unique take on snack time.
- Bake linzer heart cookies for a treat as sweet as your princess!
Princess Sofia is a just learning how to be a princess. You can help your guests feel like royalty too with fun Sofia the First party favors like the ones listed below:
- Princess and fairy costumes
- Tiaras and character jewelry
- Sofia the First toys and dolls
- Magic wands and fairy wings
- Candy and personalized lollipops
To keep things easy, check out our complete Disney Princess favor sets.
Party Planning Toolbox
Use the links below to quickly find related theme party supplies, planning tips, printable checklists, and advice from our party planning experts!!
- Suggested Party Supply List: This is your go-to list for everything you need to make a perfect party.
- Party Planning 101: Our useful party planning guide includes cake ideas, party etiquette tips, a printable guest list, and much more.
- Parties Under $100: Use this guide to celebrate in style without breaking the bank!
- Party Budget Estimator: Download this guide to help budget your expenses.
The Sofia the First name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney.
Games and Activities
Print our three different Sophia coloring pages for the kids to color and bring home.
Be a beautiful princess with your do-it-yourself lipgloss for girls!
Grab all of your princess dress up cloths plus a few Sofia items and have a dress up party.
Learn etiquette while having fun. Be a lady-like princess just like Sophia.
Make a princess party hat to wear and bring home as a favor.
Sophia can talk to animals. Can you? See if you can name the animal sounds in this game. Then you can talk to animals too.